Best Prices on Bangkok Hotels
>>Hotels Near Soi Cowboy > Hotels Near Soi Nana > Dawin Hotel > Majestic Suites > Tai-Pan Hotel > Boss Suites > Nana Hotel > S Sukhumvit Suites Hotel > Amari Boulevard Bangkok Hotel

>>Online Thailand Hotels  > Max Performer - Sex Pills for Men

Photo
- - - - -

Best sim card for mobile internet?

Sim card

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#13 smithzac91

smithzac91

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:29 PM

I used a DTAC 'happy tourist' plan. Two weeks including unlimited data. It was great.

Same here. No complaints from me either. Had to top it up do to sending text messages back home but was easy to do in 7-11.

#14 Loopy

Loopy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:44 PM

All the plans seem to be roughly comparable for data.  Any in particular stand out for LTE/4G service?  Or for SMS rates/plans?

#15 Gibsons1

Gibsons1

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:11 PM

All the plans seem to be roughly comparable for data.  Any in particular stand out for LTE/4G service?  Or for SMS rates/plans?

You have to make sure your mobile phone receives the proper frequencies for 4G/LTE service in Thailand.  You may buy a SIM and a plan, then realize your handset doesn't receive the 4G/LTE signal anyway.  Phones fluctuate like crazy...  Best to check a site like this first:

https://www.frequenc...ntries/thailand

https://willmyphonework.net/

I find that these sites aren't updated regularly though...  a brand new phone takes months to be put into the database, also be aware that a certain model may have several submodels for where it's being marketed (North America, Asia, South America, etc) and receive different signals.

I gather that travelers on holiday just buy the Data plan and use a texting app while in country.  That's what I plan on doing, seems to be the cheapest route. 

Edited by Gibsons1, 31 July 2017 - 04:14 PM.

#16 Jollocay

Jollocay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:59 AM

After years of using AIS for data only, this year I switched to True. With A IS I was getting too many really slow periods. Found the True card a better option for now anyway.

#17 tangman

tangman

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 02:45 AM

After years of using AIS for data only, this year I switched to True. With A IS I was getting too many really slow periods. Found the True card a better option for now anyway.

I've used AIS for years until last year when I accidentally went to the wrong booth at the airport and got dtac. When I first visited Thailand I always used true and I absolutely hated it as it seemed they would spam you like crazy unlike AIS and Dtac. 

#18 birdhaus

birdhaus

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 05:17 AM

seems like they're on par with one another

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sim card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users