Some BMs have asked about Mods and Admins issuing warnings. The member's warning system is a function that puts a member user on notice for minor indescretions but that are not enough for an ourtright ban. It also allows the Admins & Mods to see whether another Admin / Mod has also addressed the offending poster's topic and when, so that the poster is not punished twice (or more) for the same offence.
Every user starts with a warn level of Zero (0) %. Boardies can only see their own warn levels - only Admins and Mods can see other members' warning history. To see the reason for a warning, click on the link marked "Warn Status" under your profile page. Clinking on the link opens a new page showing you, as a member, which
Admin or Moderator issue the warning to you and why. The Admin / Mod should have entered a reason at the time of your warning - if not, ask an Admin or Mod find out for you. Offences typically resulting in warnings are (in no particular order):
- Insults against the Thai Royal Family
- Racist Commentary
- References promoting illegal drug use
- References promoting violence
- Reference to promoting Paedophilia (kiddie-fiddlers)
- Homophobic Commentary
- Sexually explicit content (except in Forum areas where this is permitted - for Advanced Members only)
- General threatening or tasteless messages, abusive or personal attacks against other members, moderators and administrators (bans are at Admin / Mod discretion)
- Advertising goods and /or services without Admin authorisation (NB: Moderators CANNOT grant permission for this).
If you are warned and ignore the warnings, then once the warning level reaches 100% you will find yourself facing a temporary account ban of at least 1 month and possibly a permanent one (the duration is at the Admin's/Mod's discretion, and is based on the boardies' personal account history). Note that if you protest against warning in the open forum, that will result in you receiving another warning. Any disputes against a ban should be sent to the Admin or Mod who issued the warning direct for consideration.
Warnings can remain against your account for 30, 60, 90 or 120 days (depending on the offence), after which time they may be reduced or removed at the discretion of the Admin / Mod Team. However, please be aware that extreme cases result in an automatic and outright ban - this is non-negotiable.
This thread should be read in conjunction with the forum rules. Please read the rules to ensure that you stay 'on-side'.