First trip to Bangkok : need advice to choose hotel.

Another post on that subject, sorry, but it's always good to have some help to make a final decision like that. I contacted a few hotel before booking to be sure about they are girls friendly and if they charge for additional guests. Here the list of what i am looking for and also a list of some place who look good for my needs:

• Not cheap , but not too expensive (i avoid everything over 75$-100$ by night)
  • I don't need restaurant on place, i always eat outside.
  • Clean (no short time place with cum on the walls)
  • Quiet (if its possible near nana), i sleep late(after the bar closing time) but its a plus if its quiet 24/24
  • Close to nana plaza (5 minutes walk, Cowboy seem cool too, but nana plaza seem to suit better for me so it is more important for me to be close to nana. Anything by 5min walk of nana and also Cowboy would be perfect if it exist.)
  • Girls friendly (at least for 1 girls at time, i fuck a lot in a day, but i rarely bring 2 at the same time, but no charge at all even for 2 would be perfect for threesome)
  • Daily maid service
  • Jacuzzi and balcony are a must but i don't care if there is not.
  • Comfortable bed (nothing under queen size, king is the best)
  • Late(early?) checking (my plane land at midnight[it is late or early?])
  • Id check is not mandatory, i can manage it, but it's ok if there is. I prefer to avoid walk of shame, tips to guardian and other stuff like this if it is possible.
  • AC is mandatory, other equipment like fridge are nice to have but no required.

Here the list of the place i contacted, any info about is welcome (good choose?better choice? etc.). I will give feed back on the response of the hotel i connected when i will get responses.

I thought Majestic Suites was nice enough, low priced and just around the corner from Nana. Had a bathtub/shower combo which it was hard to get in and out of. They let me stay until six at night on my last day for half price, which was very helpful as I had a night flight. No pool though.

I also stayed at Hotel Icon on Soi 2. Nice rooms. Infinity pool on top of the building. You can easily cut across the Rajah Hotel parking lot to Soi 4 where Nana is located. Usually find the price for a room to be around $ 50 a night.

JW Marriott would be a big step up, although more expensive, as would the Majestic Grande, both on Soi 2.

I can't stay at Majestic anymore. My last visit had bugs, and the upkeep of the hotel seems down as my tub/shower wouldn't drain properly, so ended up having to disassemble the drain cover the last couple times. If you're looking for budget, them Boss fits the bill though that place is haggarded too.

Now I just pay extra and stay at the Landmark, but that seems out of your budget. You can stay anywhere on Soi 4 and be ok with girls going to your place. You may be better off further down Soi 4 to avoid the noise.

Another post on that subject, sorry, but it's always good to have some help to make a final decision like that. I contacted a few hotel before booking to be sure about they are girls friendly and if they charge for additional guests. Here the list of what i am looking for and also a list of some place who look good for my needs:

• Not cheap , but not too expensive (i avoid everything over 75$-100$ by night)
  • I don't need restaurant on place, i always eat outside.
  • Clean (no short time place with cum on the walls)
  • Quiet (if its possible near nana), i sleep late(after the bar closing time) but its a plus if its quiet 24/24
  • Close to nana plaza (5 minutes walk, cowboy seem cool too, but nana plaza seem to suit better for me so it is more important for me to be close to nana. Anything by 5min walk of nana and also cowboy would be perfect if it exist.)
  • Girls friendly (at least for 1 girls at time, i fuck a lot in a day, but i rarely bring 2 at the same time, but no charge at all even for 2 would be perfect for threesome)
  • Daily maid service
  • Comfortable bed (nothing under queen size, king is the best)
  • Late(early?) checking (my plane land at midnight[it is late or early?])
  • Id check is not mandatory, i can manage it, but it's ok if there is. I prefer to avoid walk of shame, tips to guardian and other stuff like this if it is possible.
  • AC is mandatory, other equipment like fridge are nice to have but no required.

Here the list of the place i contacted, any info about is welcome (good choose?better choice? etc.). I will give feed back on the response of the hotel i connected when i will get responses.

• majestic suite hotel
  • nana plaza 
  • boss suite
  • heaven at 4

So, it is a must or not?

You don't get these in your price range, so just forget about them.

Majestic Suites is not quiet - the back rooms overlook NEP, so quiet during the day but from 6pm until 3am it definitely is not quiet.  The front rooms are not that well sound proofed against the traffic.

Nana Plaza? Not that nice, honestly.

Have you checked out the new Ibis Styles or Novotel in Soi 4?

Grand5, across Sukhumvit Rd on the corner of Soi 5 is pretty good too.

I am staying at the Nana Plaza in November and here is there reply email:

We are pleased to confirm your room reservation at Nana hotel, Bangkok, as
follows;

One Jacuzzi Suite room at the room rate baht 3290   net per room/night, with breakfast daily.

Not sure if that is a good price or not.

The Majestic or Dynasty properties are better than Nana, and pretty close.  Haven't stayed at the Landmark, but see very good reviews on it.  I always stay at the JW when I am in that area, and it is great, though probably out of your budget.  Never had an issue bringing 1/2 ladies there with no extra charges.

Chicago666, the Nana hotel is a very low end, girl friendly hotel.  If that is where you wish to stay that is fine but a room rate that is around $100 per night is crazy.  You may want to read reviews of the property and the quality of the rooms.  I think you may find better value for money.

• Upvote 1

I’m considering staying at Dynasty on soi 4. Interested to know if I take a girl from either Soi 7 beer garden or Thermae if they would walk back or expect taxi or tuk tuk?

Eminently walkable, unless it's pissing down and/or one of you is inebriated, then a taxi (which will take longer than walking, due to traffic and hotel being other side of Sukhumvit, and cost you). Tuk tuk would be fastest and easiest but a waste of money. If it's not raining, and you're not drunk, walk. 5-7 minutes (Beergarden), 10-12 minutes (Thermae).

Have fun.

Tom Tit  :blink:

I’m considering staying at Dynasty on soi 4. Interested to know if I take a girl from either Soi 7 beer garden or Thermae if they would walk back or expect taxi or tuk tuk?

Assuming you've never been there, what you'll discover when you are is that traffic is horrible. And actually crossing Sukhumvit, getting from one side to the other, safely, is done either at a skytrain station (going up through the station), using one of the somewhat regular (and pretty sketchy looking) overhead crosswalks, or actually on the street, following the crosswalk signals at Soi Nana and Soi Asoke ONLY(!!!). (even at Asoke, I still go through the skytrain and subway station to cross for safety reasons)

Cars drive on the wrong side of the road (left, like the British). And that area is hugely congested with terrible traffic. Cars usually can't make U turns on Sukhumvit. So, if you are trying to get a taxi from Soi 7 or Thermae to Soi 4, if you walk out to the street and catch the car, it's going the wrong way. Sure, it can turn around, in some portions of sukhumvit at some times of the day the turn around route will take 30 minutes, or more.  So, you 'll have to cross sukhumvit to find a car already headed toward Soi 4, in the direction you're going. 

And if it's between 9:00 PM and 2:00 AM, going 200 feet down Soi 4 from Sukhumvit past Nana Plaza can easily take 20 minutes, with all the other taxis on the road stopping to pick people up / drop them off.

If the walk is too long for you, suggest you consider motorcycle taxi.  In my dozen or so trips to Bangkok, I've found them to be heavily used by locals and fast and efficient for getting short distances like these. I have always avoided using them because I don't wanna die on one.