First trip to Bangkok : need advice to choose hotel.

I just walk from Soi 4 to Thermae or to Soi Cowboy which isn't bad at all. Now if you have a girl with you, you pretty much have to get a taxi and likely will get ripped off in the process. I stay away from tuktuks for the most part but occassionally still hop on Sukhumvit only.

Thank you for the replies re walking distances noted.

Another question, while I know it’s a bit silly “planning” to much in advance.... is it possible to find a girl anywhere at say 5 or 6am in the Nana area? If so where would I be best to look?

Chicago666, the Nana hotel is a very low end, girl friendly hotel.  If that is where you wish to stay that is fine but a room rate that is around $100 per night is crazy.  You may want to read reviews of the property and the quality of the rooms.  I think you may find better value for money.

thanks for the great information. I was looking for a Jacuzzi suite online near Nana Plaza and that is what came up.

I have never been to Thailand (first trip in Nov) so I am starting from scratch and reading these great forums.

Looking for advice as well .

thanks for the great information. I was looking for a Jacuzzi suite online near Walking Street and that is what came up.

I have never been to Thailand (first trip in Nov) so I am starting from scratch and reading these great forums.

Looking for advice as well .

My first advice is that Walking Street is in Pattaya, while Nana is in Bangkok...

So the streets are empty?

At 5 or 6am? You might find some sitting at the beer carts drinking, but yes, pretty much empty. What is your expectation at 6am when the sun is coming up?

At 5 or 6am? You might find some sitting at the beer carts drinking, but yes, pretty much empty. What is your expectation at 6am when the sun is coming up?

I didn’t really have an expectation that’s why I asked. Thanks for your reply.

I didn’t really have an expectation that’s why I asked. Thanks for your reply.

I recommend Dynasty Grande as well. Decent hotel and very short walk to Nana Plaza.

From the hotel you can also b-line directly to Kasalong, Lolita’s, and Soi 8, cross over the foot bridge and short stroll to Thermae bar, Terminal 21 shopping center, and Soi Cowboy.

Another hotel recommendation is Sukhumvit Suites (at Asok station/Soi Cowboy). Rooms are small, but very functional. Great for shorter stays.

I also have stayed at Terminal 21 Grande hotel. Pricier hotel but location is fantastic.

Bangkok is awesome. One of my favorite cities in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

a few other hotels worth looking at -

Soi 11 -

Mercure Sukhumvit...nice pool and gym.  Great beds

Citadines-  cheap and has kitchette

Soi 8-

Citadines - cheaper and quieter than Soi 11 location.  Further walk, but 24 hour tuk tuk you can call and they will pick you up at Sukhumvit road

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed in the Shama Sukhumvit which is on Soi 2/4 just opposite Hillary 2 and a 2 min walk to Nana plaza and is a great great hotel, big rooms with a balcony and just close enough to hear/feel/enjoy the sounds of the busy nightlife. Maybe a little bit more more on the expensive side if you consider the basic hotel breakfast and food-options in the hotel (80 - 100 dollar a night). 

Girl-friendly hotel, i personally never took a girl home from the street or Nana plaza but had more then one girl over ordered from Smooci (love Smooci btw). Staff was perfect in this regard, they "check in" the girl, called me when the visitor arrived and send her to my floor/room. They did take ID expect for one girl that told them she was my girlfriend.

The hotel property can be accessed from either Soi 2 (if you want a nice and peaceful walk without being harnessed by all girl/ladyboys) or the exit on Soi 4 (after 8PM it's full of action).

• Upvote 1