Reaching Grande Centre Point 21 Hotel After Midnight From Soi Cowboy

Hi guys,

I have read the BTS bridge/tunnel is getting closed after midnight and there is no direct cross road.

How do you cross the road by walk with Grande Centre Point 21 hotel? or better to change to Pullman or Continent?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by mbkk

Just walk across the street.....There is traffic lights and pedestrians do cross there.

Tip: Pedestrian crossings in Thailand are not for vehicles to stop so to allow you to cross the street, they are there to show the ambulance where to stop to pick your body up :D

Serious tip: Always walk across a road in Thailand with confidence, don't hesitate.

Edited by mrfreeze

So need to cross the road 3 times: Sukhmavut, soi 23 and then Sukhmavit again with a gogo girl, right?(since no cross road between Soi Cowboy to Termainal 21)

Walk out of Soi Cowboy, cross Asok Montri Road (Soi 21) and then you are virtually at Terminal 21.

Google maps tells me it's 190 meters and 4 minute walk to hotel.

Going up and over using the BTS access will get your girl yak yak yaking about all the steps :lol:

Edited by mrfreeze

Serious tip: Always walk across a road in Thailand with confidence, don't hesitate.

In addition to this, if you are going to walk, do so at a constant pace.

If you suddenly decide to lose your marbles mid cross and become erratic its hard for drivers to predict and avoid you.

Then it really is a place for the ambulance to pick you up :P

The Asoke crossing is generally one of the safer crossings to use. You will also see a timer telling you how long you have left to complete your mission. Warning though - when that timer reaches zero your ass better be of the road because they then stop for no one. Zero = go!

If the get to the corner, make sure there is time left to cross.

And there is a traffic police lookout station on the far corner for police officer to sit inside and have a full view of all traffic on the intersection while they nap.

But really, the most dangerous issue I've encountered at that intersection is an 8 year old girl trying to lift my wallet.   Last trip (3 years ago) there was a continual group of children hanging around the corner pan handling, etc, generally harassing tourists while waiting for the light.  (on the Cowboy side, in front of the Citi bank)