Grande Centre Point Terminal 21 or Four Points by Sheraton

Hi,

I'm dividing my coming trip for 2 parts:

1. One week near Nana which I chose the Landmark.

2. Second week in Soi Cowboy.

Which one is better  GCP Terminal 21 or Four Points by Sheraton as a girl friendly one? desk that doesn't look at you strange and even that you can enter without ID? (and in a matter of a nice hotel to stay)

Thanks a lot guys

Edited by mbkk

I've never stayed at GCP T21 but have multiple times at Four Points (It's my regular hotel now).

Four Points has an entrance you can use from Soi 17, just use your room card to open the gate and walk along the path to the door near the restaurant.

You are far enough away from reception to not really be noticed.

Not stayed at Four Points.

Grande Centre Point has a great pool area, but lack a bar. The rooms are poorly decorated and feels like dorm rooms. The beds are not very good, and they are so flimsy that they float around the room during ‘action’. Service is poor for a hotel in this price range. Also note that the Grande Centre Point for some reason does not serve alcohol anywhere as the owners are very conservative. It is guest friendly and there is a side entrance from the BTS. Toilet seats are heated.

I have stayed in both hotels. Hermansen's review of T21 is accurate. The rooms are minimalist. The beds are hard. The pool is great. I would also add that the hotel is very popular with NE Asian tourists and as a result it is a little over priced IMHO.

In place of T21 take a look at the Westin next door. Nicer rooms, higher quality buffet breakfasts, and better prices than at T21 available most of the time.

In place of Four Points I prefer the Radisson Blu; It offers very competitive prices compared to Four Points, a nice pool, roof top bar, very good buffet breakfasts. 

And then there are the Sofitel and the new Hyatt. I would recommend both of those over T21 as well. Both are higher quality hotels with similar or better prices to T21.

Lastly, I like the Hilton over on Soi 24. Again good value for the price. But its location might or might not appeal to you..

Thank you so much guys!

Since GCP T21 isn't a good option as you have mentioned, I think I'll go with Four Points:

1. Westin -> entrance from high floor makes it strange to bring someone

2  Radisson and Hilton -> I don't like the location since I want to still stay close to sois 4-20 (in addition to SC)

3. Sofitel -> might be an option but it's more expensive than GTC and I think too luxurious for FL guests - am I wrong? :)

As I read Four Points makes it easier to bring guests, and it's still pretty much decent - I think I'll go with this one. 

What do you think? :)

Thank you so much guys!

Since GCP T21 isn't a good option as you have mentioned, I think I'll go with Four Points:

1. Westin -> entrance from high floor makes it strange to bring someone. 

2  Radisson and Hilton -> I don't like the location since I want to still stay close to sois 4-20 (in addition to SC)

3. Sofitel -> might be an option but it's more expensive than GTC and I think too luxurious for FL guests - am I wrong? :)

As I read Four Points makes it easier to bring guests, and it's still pretty much decent - I think I'll go with this one. 

What do you think? :)

1. Not really. The Westin Hotel staff don't care who you bring in or how many at a time. From the ground floor guests take an elevator to the 7th floor lobby. From there it is a walk across the far side of the lobby to elevators taking guests to their rooms. There is no sign in or ID check for girls unless you want it. But up to you if the 2 stage elevator system bothers you. Interestingly I recently stayed at the Wyndham Grand Hotel in Yangon which had a similar 2 stage elevator system like the Weston. It didn't bother me a bit and in both hotels I brought back 2 girls for a threesome a couple of times. The walk of shame only exists in one's mind. 

2. Location, Location Location. I like the Radisson Blu's location close to Cowboy, but on the other, quieter side - Soi 27. The Hilton location on Soi 24 is not for every punter. I like the location because Soi 24 is a nice residential soi with condos and hotels and some restaurants. The Hilton is also very close to the oily massage parlors on Soi 24 alley and the BTS. No problem for me to get to Cowboy, Nana, or even Patpong..

3. The Sofitel or the new Hyatt Regency on soi 13 probably share the best location in regards to your preferences. Both are walking distance to Nana and Cowboy although you will have to take a taxi back if you have a go go girl on your arm. Rates do vary. I have booked the Sofitel for as little as $95/night and I have paid as much as $114/night - a big discount off the rack rate. Both great deals considering the hotel quality and location.

"Too luxurious for FL guests" - don't make me laugh. From 10pm every night until it gets light out it is Street Walker City directly outside the Sofitel's front door.. Same same at the Hyatt Regency and the Weston. In addition, Thermae is only a half block away. So a lot goes on late at night on this section of Sukhumvit. That is why I really like it. You will too. And all these hotels have seen everything and handle it with discretion, They are all girl friendly to the max, they never card a girl guest unless you want them too, threesomes, even foursomes are never a problem, and they never bat an eye,

But the Four Points is good too so you will be fine there or wherever you choose from this list to entertain girls & sleep..

Edited by gogul

I think the 4 points is one of the best value hotels in Bangkok. It is normally considerably cheaper than the Hyatt, Westin, Sofitel etc. The rooms are good, bit nothing sepectacular, the roof to pool and bar is good, the buffet breakfast is decent enough. It is very guest friendly, you have the back door if you want but no one will say anything if you bring a girl or two in through the front door.

• 3 weeks later...