Hyatt Regency Bangkok Sukhumvit or Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit?

Hi guys,

I know both of them are excellent choices. I have chosen Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, but I still have the ability to cancel without charge and switch to Hyatt Regency Bangkok Sukhumvit as I have read here excellent reviews about it. Both of them have the same price actually.

1. Which ones is more girl friendly?  Which one is more discreet?

2. Any other pros and cons between them :)

Thank you!!

Edited by mbkk

As mentioned before I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency but not the Sofitel and will be back at the Hyatt on Sunday for 4 nights.

I liked it and the main plus points were:

- Large room size considering it was the ‘cheapest’ room (37/38sqm)

- Completely girl friendly & no need for girl to hand in ID at reception (just walk in & go straight to room)

- Nice rooftop bar with great views of BKK (when it isn’t pissing down!)

- Easy access to BTS as Exit 3 at Nana has been extended so you’ve got a walkway straight to the hotel

- Massive 55” tv in the room and no issues with WiFi

I didn’t have the breakfast but I’ve heard it is good!

Hi guys,

I know both of them are excellent choices. I have chosen Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, but I still have the ability to cancel without charge and switch to Hyatt Regency Bangkok Sukhumvit as I have read here excellent reviews about it. Both of them have the same price actually.

1. Which ones is more girl friendly?  Which one is more discreet?

2. Any other pros and cons between them :)

Thank you!!

Which one is more girl friendly??? It's either girl friendly or it isn't! 

Also have to second on Hyatt regency. Way better - and when you bring chicks that you've met off Tinder - they're always so stoked with the room size. Also the Rooftop bar and a cigar is a must! 

Also Breafkast is awesome- i got offered the breakfast package upon check in. 100% worth it. 

How much is breakfast without the pre-purchase? And what price range are the lunch menu items? It's hard breaking out of cheap charlie mode haha.

I don't remember the price but a few months ago they gave me a in person special like 500B or similar at checkin.

• 3 months later...
On 7/11/2019 at 7:30 PM, mbkk said:

Relax bro! i mean in a term of not picking ids, not looking at you strange, easy route to the room without reception and etc

Hyatt Regency is 100% girlfriend BUT it's the worst "walk of shame" I've experienced in Bangkok: the lobby area is small and there is no way of evading the concierge area or the strange looks.  They won't stop you or anything though.