Radisson Blu or Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

Hello

i am planning to stay a week in Bangkok and wander which of those two hotels is the best. 

I value a nice pool, good breakfast and open bathroom (you know those when you can see your girl taking her a shower while being in the bed ;)   

Any advices on which one is better ? 

thanks !

Both hotels are very good. I like them both. Slightly different locations is a key difference aside from price, but again both locations are good..The Sofitel has a slightly nicer pool and is a slightly more luxurious hotel than the Blu. I would rate the Sofitel Sukhumvit a 4.4 * hotel and the Blu a 4.2* hotel. The buffet breakfasts in both hotels are very good and both hotels are extremely girl friendly ie no limit on number of guests / no id carding. Both these hotels are heavily discounted at various times. I would never pay the rack rate at either hotel. A good rate at the Blu is between $90 and $105/night. A good rate at the Sofitel is between $95 and $114/night. In the same league and proximate location I would also recommend the new Hyatt Regency (good rate $125/night) and the Weston (good rate $100 to $120/night).

Bathrooms: Blu has a large floor to ceiling see thru window separating the shower and bathroom from the bedroom / living space. Sofitel Sukhumvit has a similar window, although it does not have a floor to ceiling view because it is directly behind the bed and is partially blocked by the bed headboard thus it does not provide as good a view plus you have to turn around with your head at the foot the bed or sit up facing that window/wall to see a girl in the shower. If the view is important to you, stay at the Blu.

But one thing about see thru bathrooms is that they always come with electric shutters. Many Thai girls are too shy when they shower solo, let alone go to the toilet, to leave the shutters open. These girls will always press the magic switch and close down the view. This is no big deal to me because what I care about as far as a girl in the bathroom is concerned is having happy soapy shower time with her or them. It is a major downer when a girl does not want to shower with me. Luckily I get only a couple of shower refusals a year.

Anyway, all these hotels are very good so I consider these particular hotels highly fungible with one another. In other words, since they are all good, I usually make my selection based on price or how many points I happen to have accumulated in my hotel account. I always prefer free nights over paying cash. LOL. But, there are times when the Blu, for example, may be offering rooms for $125/night while the Weston or the Sofitel has a room sale at $105. Then another time the Blu may have a sale for $90/night while the Weston and the Sofitel are asking $140/night or more. In all these cases I always choose the hotel offering the best price. 

Edited by gogul

thanks for the info guys , i ll monitor the prices for both and see by the end of the month which one i book.  Good point on the fact thai girls may be shy and render my bathroom window pointless !