New DoubleTree Hilton on Soi 2 opening October 2019

Be very interesting to hear what changes they are making. Majestic Grande was a good hotel, stayed there a couple of times. I'm going to Bangkok in October or November, not sure whether to take the plunge and book ahead, or wait until I've got some feedback. I'm sure it will be very good, girl friendly, etc, but i'd hate to book it now, and be disappointed when I get there. Presumably they will have a new website up and running soon, which should provide more info.  

Just checked the website. Basic rate looks to be about $100 USD.

I'm new to the forum, and not been to BKK, is that comparable for that level hotel in the area?

I'm a Hilton member and considering making a reservation in December if it all checks out.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked the website. Basic rate looks to be about $100 USD.

I'm new to the forum, and not been to BKK, is that comparable for that level hotel in the area?

I'm a Hilton member and considering making a reservation in December if it all checks out.

Thanks

Yeah that's same sorta price as comparable hotels. It's a great location for nightlife and daytime shopping, easy to get to the malls etc.

I would def book it just cause it will be all new and fresh and have al the latest spec DT stuff and tech in all the rooms etc.

Yeah that's same sorta price as comparable hotels.

Not so sure about that. While the Doubletree is a little fancier, on the same soi, you can get the Hotel Solo for $ 44 a night and the Hotel Icon for $ 59 (via hotels.com).

Not so sure about that. While the Doubletree is a little fancier, on the same soi, you can get the Hotel Solo for $ 44 a night and the Hotel Icon for $ 59 (via Hotels.com).

True, and there's Phachara and Dynasty Grand on Soi6 for similar prices. 

By comparable i was meaning other big chain 4* places. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...