New DoubleTree Hilton on Soi 2 opening October 2019

7 hours ago, Jake.houston said:

I booked here starting next Friday the 4th for 10 nights.

The points were just 160K, so average of 16K a night is good for anywhere in the world at a Hilton property.

I’m interested to see the renovations. Looks like it was pretty extensive in the room photos.

Do share pics/info , looking to book a stay late Nov but don't see real pics up on the site yet.

• Like 1

It's the Majestic Grande with new owners. They were refurbishing the hotel when I stayed there last November.   This has been my go to hotel for the last few trips. Nice hotel, good  breakfast and great location, a short walk from Nana and the soi 4 bars.

I just booked  my November trip at Landmark, I was not sure if the Majestic Grand would be fully refurbished by opening day, plus I wanted to see if the Landmark was better. 

The price sounds the same as before about $100 a night. I will definitely check it out when I am in Bangkok 

t

I'm really interested in this hotel for my trip in Feb 2020 so Im following this topic from now on. Just saw some new pictures on the main hotel site (https://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/thailand/doubletree-by-hilton-bangkok-ploenchit-BKKSODI/index.html) but I hope the one bedroom apartment will be available in Feb 2020 (as of now only the "Terrace Suite" is bookable). Looking forward to the first member reviews! 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/25/2022 at 6:19 AM, CpHowdy said:

Any updates on this?  I always stayed at Majestic Grande in the past and really liked it.  I was just wondering what has changed and if it is still as guest friendly.

This is the key question - is it "guest friendly"?

anyone have an answer?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I stayed here in jan 2020. - I walked by the reception multiply times, with a different girl each time - no one said a thing or seemed to care.

It's properly the "worst" Hilton Hotel in Bangkok, i prefer the Hilton or Doubletree at Soi 24/26, but a great location. Any news if the ally to Soi 4 will reopen after the construction? It makes the location a lot better.

* "Worst" is harsh, it's a very fine hotel, i just prefer the other Hilton hotels on Sukhumvit if i was ranking the Hilton options.

• 3 weeks later...

I stayed in this hotel last December till January. As far was I could remember there were a lot of couples staying at the hotel. The swimming pool that they have is super cold because it never has the sun shining on it. The breakfast and the rooms are pretty good I must say. For the price you have to pay at Hilton DT in soi2 I would recommend to book another hotel in the same price range.