BTS Prices and Passes

I've been hearing about longer lines at the Skytrain, so I was thinking about buying a pass for my next trip. Here is what I found about pricing:

Single Journey Pass: 16-44 Baht

Standard Rabbit Card / Stored Value Cards These are available for 100 baht plus 50 baht refundable deposit. The Standard Rabbit Cards are valid for 5 years and can be filled with a minimum of 100 baht and up to 4,000 baht.

One-day Pass Unlimited travel within the duration of a single day for 120 baht.

30-Day Pass for Adults -

For 15 trips (use within 30 days), 25 baht per trip unlimited distance, it costs 375 baht. -

For 25 trips (use within 30 days), 23 baht per trip unlimited distance, it costs 575 baht. -

For 40 trips (use within 30 days), 21 baht per trip unlimited distance, it costs 840 baht. -

For 50 trips (use within 30 days), 20 baht per trip unlimited distance, it costs 1,000 baht.

For me, I'm torn between buying the rechargeable Rabbit Card or one of the 30 day passes.  Most of my trips are shorter, so I rarely pay the max 44 baht. 

How often to you go to Bangkok?

Yes at rush-hour at the Asok BTS there are very long lines to buy a ticket or use the self service kiosk.

I use a rabbit card and find it convenient you just go to the directly to the turnstile.

No need to wait in line to buy a ticket.

Besides using it for the BTS you can use it at 114 other merchants listed on there website.

Enjoy your adventure in Bangkok!

I've been hearing about longer lines at the Skytrain, so I was thinking about buying a pass for my next trip. Here is what I found about pricing:

Single Journey Pass: 16-44 Baht

Standard Rabbit Card / Stored Value Cards These are available for 100 baht plus 50 baht refundable deposit. The Standard Rabbit Cards are valid for 5 years and can be filled with a minimum of 100 baht and up to 4,000 baht.

One-day Pass Unlimited travel within the duration of a single day for 120 baht.

30-Day Pass for Adults -

For 15 trips (use within 30 days), 25 baht per trip unlimited distance, it costs 375 baht. -

For 25 trips (use within 30 days), 23 baht per trip unlimited distance, it costs 575 baht. -

For 40 trips (use within 30 days), 21 baht per trip unlimited distance, it costs 840 baht. -

For 50 trips (use within 30 days), 20 baht per trip unlimited distance, it costs 1,000 baht.

For me, I'm torn between buying the rechargeable Rabbit Card or one of the 30 day passes.  Most of my trips are shorter, so I rarely pay the max 44 baht. 

For one thing, you're looking at outdated prices. The current pass prices for adults are:

Adult
  • 15 trips 465 Baht Average 31 Baht/trip

• 25 trips 725 Baht Average 29 Baht/trip

• 40 trips 1,080 Baht Average 27 Baht/trip

• 50 trips 1,300 Baht Average 26 Baht/trip

Source: https://www.bts.co.th/eng/tickets/ticket-rabbit-valueandtrips.html

Also, it's not a choice to either get a Rabbit card or get a multitrip pass. To get the multiple trips as quoted in the above rates, you have to get a rabbit card. They then put the multiple-trip package you choose on your Rabbit card