Bangkok Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rainville

clubs/nightlife status at the moment?

Hi all! 

Will be coming once again in Jan 2020. Wondering what are the current situation in BKK. 

• What's the closing time of the main clubs at the moment? Still 2am? (Insanity/Mixx/Levels).
  • Any after clubs at the moment that stays open later than that?
  • Do we have a new replacement for Climax or the best alternative is still Hillary 4?
  • Is Queen Park Plaza worth going still?
  • Any new clubs/bar worth checking out?

Thanks!

Rainville,

My info is from August, so fairly current.  

1.  Insanity is open until at least 4:00 and get going after 1:00 (or 2:00) on most nights.  It is really a later is better option. 

2.  Not sure about the real "after hours" type places like shock 39/Scratch dog from years past

3.  No real replacement for Climax (sadly)  Hillary 4 will give you the same band and a few of the women, but does not have the size and variety that Climax offered.

4.  Levels gets great talent, but hard to chat with people and can get too crowded around the bar.  Oskars for a drink before Levels is not a bad idea

5.  Still haven't been to Sugar club on Soi 11, so might be worth a visit.

5 hours ago, lev123 said:

Rainville,

My info is from August, so fairly current.  

1.  Insanity is open until at least 4:00 and get going after 1:00 (or 2:00) on most nights.  It is really a later is better option. 

2.  Not sure about the real "after hours" type places like shock 39/Scratch dog from years past

3.  No real replacement for Climax (sadly)  Hillary 4 will give you the same band and a few of the women, but does not have the size and variety that Climax offered.

4.  Levels gets great talent, but hard to chat with people and can get too crowded around the bar.  Oskars for a drink before Levels is not a bad idea

5.  Still haven't been to Sugar club on Soi 11, so might be worth a visit.

Thanks for the reply Lev! As for Sugar, never been but I'm not a huge hip hop fan, at least not in clubs. Much prefer good house/deep house or even commercial electro. That's why I tend to go to Insanity. I like Mixx for the girls as I feel there's much more talent there and of higher quality but I hate the music played in the main room. + it's non smoking.

Add Hillary 2 to the mix as well. Several people say it is like the old Climax. It isn't as big (as far as I remember) but there are plenty of freelancers in there after Nana Plaza closes. 

I have picked a FL from Hillary 2 in 2016. It has a live band every evening and entertains the crowd well. People give their song requests and dance when it is performed by the band. It becomes very noisy also as is the case with most clubs in bkk. Same as climax, you need to buy a drink before entry into hillary 2 and vibes are very climax like but area is lesser than climax.