Is tourism harming Thailand?

RDoof

I came across a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78xdMXOx7Rw) which claimed that tourism was having severe, damaging effects on the environment in Thailand from killing coral reefs to over fishing and pressures on waste management systems.  It also showed overcrowding at some of the tourist attractions such as James Bond beach.  I also saw another one from Chiang Mai that said the streets were eerily quiet and there were rumors of visas being denied.

So is tourism out of control in Thailand and is the government doing something about it?

• 1 year later...

I don't think so. There are a lot of people who are going to this country for tourism but it has not really hurt it all that much. There are people who will say this but as long as they are in order, no one is going to hurt this country with their mere visit. However, we are aware that there are certain people who try and hurt the ecosystem but that is few and far between. There are people we can trust all over the country ot serve and protect our community and keep ouy places safe. There are people who will be out there to hurt the ecosystem but be sure that there will be guardians around.