Travel times? Help!

Woody9901

Hi guys

having never been to thailand before and literally clueless on how long it will take from in from a to b etc and also could you advise on best travel method ie taxi or train etc. 

The journeys i will need to take will be:

Suvarnabhumi to nana plaza : Friday around 7am.

and

nana plaza to don muang airport: saturday morning flight departs 1330. 

thank you in advance guys. 
woody

For inbound journey, traffic will be quite heavy so train/BTS might be a better option if you are not carrying a lot of luggage as trains can be busy too.

• Like 1

Taxi from Suvarnabhumi to Nana, should be around 40 minutes but can take from experience E few hours.more than that in traffic.

As was said above, take the train and BTS. Total travel time is usually around an hour and the cost is about 80 baht.

Getting to Don Muang taxi really is the only convenient way and unless you leaving in peak hour travel time journey is usually 45minutes to an hour.

• Like 1

If it is your first time, take a taxi.  traffic will be heavy, figuring you also have to do immigration and baggage claim.  Plus, you will want to get a sim card, etc

the taxis are at the bottom level, you take a ticket and go to the taxi from the ticket.  

tell the driver "Meter and I pay tolls" - so you will need some thai baht

taxi should be around 300 plus tolls.  Can be more if there is traffic

good luck!

What lev123 wrote (post above this one ☝️) is the correct answer. Allow an hour for each journey. Set off for Don Muang at 10.30am for your Saturday 13.30 flight.

Trust your pecker's got some 'wood', Woody mate. You'll have a ball.

Tom Tit 👹

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2019 at 11:35 AM, Woody9901 said:

The journeys i will need to take will be:

Suvarnabhumi to nana plaza : Friday around 7am.

Take a train to city, get off at Phaya thai. Take Kheha train and get off at Nana. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'll be landing at 6am on a Saturday at Suvarnabhumi . I imagine, as I'm getting off an A380 immigration will be a nightmare, which should lead nicely into trafiic getting to Nana. After a 12 hr flight, I will just want to get to my hotel and get my head down for a few hours. What are people's opinion on the prebook fast track and limo service that you can get? I pretty much hate public transport and I will have a case with me, so don't fancy lugging that around on trains. For me, speed and comfort on my first trip to BKK will be the most important thing.