Table tennis Ping pong

thailien

Hello Covpete,

That would be amazing! I have been looking for a place to play since I got here.

I don't know how to go to Mahachai -- but I certainly wouldn't mind going. Such a generous offer.

Hello Kimao,

thanks for the response -- I am wondering if you know the specific "tourist areas" you mentioned on your post. The last tourist area I have been in Bangkok was the Grand Palace and Khaosan road. Certainly, these aren't the right places.

Hello Kimao,

thanks for the response -- I am wondering if you know the specific "tourist areas" you mentioned on your post. The last tourist area I have been in Bangkok was the Grand Palace and Khaosan road. Certainly, these aren't the right places.

My apologies, my post was tongue in cheek. The touristy bar areas will always have Thai guys advertising to take you to a ping pong show, or in their imperfect English to 'Show!!! Ping Pong!!'

Meaning of course the sex shows (famous for girls shooting ping pong balls with their pussies)

A different kind of fun, but bring your paddle and you'll get a laugh. :)

Hi,

I am staying in pathumwan / Lumpini area Bangkok, orignally from Pakistan. An average table tennis player, Looking for someone to play table tennis with in free time. I have heard there is a table tennis court in chulalongkorn university where one can go and play ? don't know any other place.

Let me know if anyone is up for it and know any place where we can play?

Thanks,

Usman

09-1434-7097

• 1 year later...

I can't believe that this topic has had nearly 4000 views but only one player has asked me for a game!! Maybe goes to prove that table-tennis is not a very popular sport here in Thailand, a fact borne out by the extreme shortage of decent playing facilities...certainly, serious competitions seem to be few and far between, what ones exist are just for the Thais not for farangs...unless someone knows different?!

• 4 months later...

I am looking for folks to play ping pong with as well. I stay at the Omni on soi 4 Sukhumvit and it has a ping pong table that is rarely used. That's the good news. The bad news is that they are too cheap to put air-con in the room so you get very sweaty very quickly! Still it feels like a great work-out after an hour. I am not sure where I stand in terms of skills but have been playing only for 1 1/2 years and at 61 my knees often feel a little creaky. Still I would guess that I am at least above average for my age group with a wicked backhand, a shaky forehand and a serve that people feast on.

Brian

• 3 months later...

I am looking for folks to play ping pong with as well. I stay at the Omni on soi 4 Sukhumvit and it has a ping pong table that is rarely used. That's the good news. The bad news is that they are too cheap to put air-con in the room so you get very sweaty very quickly! Still it feels like a great work-out after an hour. I am not sure where I stand in terms of skills but have been playing only for 1 1/2 years and at 61 my knees often feel a little creaky. Still I would guess that I am at least above average for my age group with a wicked backhand, a shaky forehand and a serve that people feast on.

Brian

Hello Brian,

I am from Myanmar and looking for a place to play ping pong as well.

I am not that good but I would love to play with you if you want.

I can play from around 4:30 pm every weekdays.

looking forward to your reply

Thit Lein Oo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I have been running the Bangkok Table Tennis Club for over 2 years. We have played at various venues over that time, and currently meet every Saturday 12-3pm at Sports Expert Club, Sukhumvit Soi 107.

If you would like to join us, follow this link.

https://www.meetup.com/Bangkok-Table-Tennis-Meetup\

Joining is totally FREE, and we collect a meetup fee of Bt.100 to cover table costs, drinks and coaching!