Are there hotels that are not guest friendly

Hi all

brand new on the forum and it's taking time to make my way through everything. I have so many questions, so apologies if they are answered elsewhere.

I'm planning my first trip to BKK in October, lots of advise on guest friednly hotels, but just curious, are there actually hotels that aren't guest friendly? It just seems to me that everyhting is geared towards making sure they get tourists in.

Thanks in advance for your replies, and watch out for the deluge of questions I'll be posting

1 hour ago, kevker said:

Hi all

brand new on the forum and it's taking time to make my way through everything. I have so many questions, so apologies if they are answered elsewhere.

I'm planning my first trip to BKK in October, lots of advise on guest friednly hotels, but just curious, are there actually hotels that aren't guest friendly? It just seems to me that everyhting is geared towards making sure they get tourists in.

Thanks in advance for your replies, and watch out for the deluge of questions I'll be posting

Yes of course they are. If you are booking a cheap hotel always select "2 persons" to be on a safer side. If you are booking a 5 star / 4 start like marriot / 4 points then it wont be a problem. Just check reviews on Agoda and of course hostels wont be guest friendly.

Good luck, cheers.

• Like 1

Thanks Mikey, yes I've read about selecting 2xpeople. I think I worded the question wrong though, still getting used to the terminology. Are there hotels that wouldn't allow you to take a guest back? I'm assuming now that guest friendly just means that they dont charge any extra.

8 minutes ago, kevker said:

Thanks Mikey, yes I've read about selecting 2xpeople. I think I worded the question wrong though, still getting used to the terminology. Are there hotels that wouldn't allow you to take a guest back? I'm assuming now that guest friendly just means that they dont charge any extra.

Yes if there is some hotel with a no freelancer policy they will reject.
There are some hotels that will charge extra.
Even the guest friendly hotels allow only 1 guest.

But dont worry that much. Just stick to touristy zones and hotels with good ratings and everything should be fine.

• Like 1

Thanks rocky, I'm working my way through reviews etc at the moment, as I know there's nothing worse than someone coming on a forum without doing a bit of basic legwork. Budget is probably going to be in the region of £50-60 per night, which at current rates is around the 2000-2500 baht. Looking to stay in walking distance to either Soi Cowboy or nep

Taipan Hotel is near SC & within your budget. There’s also Sukhumvit Suites. For Nana your best bet may be Majestic Suites but that is literally right next to Nana so can get noisy. You can try Citrus Suites on Soi 6 which is 4* and probably the best of those I’ve mentioned. The cheaper rooms should be in your budget. I’ve stayed at all of these and they’re all guest friendly & within walking distance of SC or NP.

Edited by Rocky Rockstar

Thanks Rocky

Taipan looks like a good one, has a gym and pool. WHat are the rooms like, not many pics on Agoda. Sukhumvit Suites is on my short list as well. The problem is my short list keeps getting longer. I may increase my budget actually, as I'll be there for 10 nights, so thinking I may get somewhere that has access to laundry facitlities. WHat do people think?

The rooms are fine with Taipan just make sure you get one with a double bed as some of the cheaper ones only have single beds. £50-£60 a night should be fine. Beds are quite hard from memory whereas Citrus Suites has the softest beds I’ve seen in BKK and the fastest WiFi but will be £70 a night a nice sized room. If you can stretch to £100 a night I’d recommend the Landmark. Most hotels will have laundry services I would have thought?

Rocky, sorry to ask again, your recommendations have been spot on. Citrus suites looks really good. I'm assuming from the map that its a couple fo minutes walk to NEP. ABout 20 mins to Cowboy? if I was to pick up a "guest" at cowboys for ST, would she be a bit put off by the trek back to the hotel, considering the traffic in the area is a nightmare