Long term apartment rentals/aparment

Do any of you have any recommendations for a long term apartment? I'm going to Bangkok in May for a 2 week project but want stay 2 weeks extra for some sightseeing and, of course, some pleasure. Looking for something with a kitchen and preferably a balcony (I'm a smoker).

I'm currently torn between 2 different hotels for 2 week periodes (the hotel provide for me is not in a great location for fun stuff) or just renting a airbnb /long term service apartment.

Does someone have any recommendations? I've been looking online and the only hotel remotely interesting looking is Arcadia Residences. They quoted me 50000 baht (incl. taxes) for 30 nights which is a little expensive but still manageable.

Airbnb is usually cheaper but not much for me because I like a good and central location. In addition I'm kind of put off Airbnb because of all negative attitude against "tourist" in condos (especially because of my mongering ways).

Thanks in advance!

I just checked the price for my favorite - Adelphi Suites.  Its more than Arcadia, but I can attest the location is great and I usually get the 1 room suite which has everything you'd ever need for a long term stay (kitchen, washer/dryer).  Also I will admit I've stayed there 3 times so far so I'm biased.

It does not have a balcony that I've seen, sorry.  But in all other ways it's pretty stellar and roomy.  And I've never had a problem with any action.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, comfyguy said:

I just checked the price for my favorite - Adelphi Suites.  Its more than Arcadia, but I can attest the location is great and I usually get the 1 room suite which has everything you'd ever need for a long term stay (kitchen, washer/dryer).  Also I will admit I've stayed there 3 times so far so I'm biased.

It does not have a balcony that I've seen, sorry.  But in all other ways it's pretty stellar and roomy.  And I've never had a problem with any action.

Thanks for the tip! I have seen this hotel when I was searching online and it looks great. I'm really considering just quitting smoking because that would make everything so much easier (and healthier, a nice consequence).

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2020 at 6:06 AM, atlaspopovic said:

Have a look at Dynasty Grand. It’s located on Suk Soi 6 close to Nana. They have balcony rooms at 1600 baht/night. 

The prices are better then most of the hotels I normally look at (Shama for example). But it looks a little bit older style of hotel... I haven't been there myself but I kind of a sucker for new and shiny I guess.