Jump to content

Support Our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly Dating | Spankys Agogo | Smooci : the Future of Escort Booking | Bangkok Hotels

Recommended Posts

On 3/15/2020 at 8:37 PM, Rocky Rockstar said:

Wonder what’s gonna happen for Songkran next month? Would be pretty devastating for the bars etc if they had to close or ban celebrations during this period but I can see it happening.

Songran and songran holidays have been postponed.

Songram week will just be a normal working week 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More closures in Bangkok https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1883570/bangkok-malls-to-close-from-sunday Pol Gen Aswin said his order was the result of consultations with the BMA com

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/singapore-thai-embassy-clarifies-bangkok-advisory-healthy-singaporeans-need-not-self Actually they’ve confirmed so long as you aren’t showing symptoms yo

Precisely so as not to stigmatize a particular country, in this case China. So Covid-19 means Corona Virus Disease 2019. We live in the era of political correctness, it should not be forgott

Posted Images

Holy crap. ^

I went to cancel a hotel booking at S31. They checked my temperature on the ground floor then they offered me a tiny condom. I was confused because it was too small although the female security guard was cute enough. Then she instructed me to put it on my finger. It was for pressing the lift buttons. 

I walked past a security guard in the street. He looked right at me and I thought he was going to say something to me. Turns out he was just adjusting it to make sure there were no gaps... okay, middle aged white guys in Sukhumvit are high risk, I get it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, still_shameless said:

Holy crap. ^

I went to cancel a hotel booking at S31. They checked my temperature on the ground floor then they offered me a tiny condom. I was confused because it was too small although the female security guard was cute enough. Then she instructed me to put it on my finger. It was for pressing the lift buttons. 

I walked past a security guard in the street. He looked right at me and I thought he was going to say something to me. Turns out he was just adjusting it to make sure there were no gaps... okay, middle aged white guys in Sukhumvit are high risk, I get it. 

HMMM good... finger condoms. I had two flights cancelled to the city of angels in the last week. I guess i can take a hint and give up for a few months. FFS! i was really looking forward to the big squirt gun fight in April. 

 Still, i would love to hear some reports from boots on the ground.... What's it like out there boys? find any good speakeasies?

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are still restaurants selling booze, also pubs that sell food still open. I know of one pub in Sukhumvit that was getting a sign made up to say it is a restaurant. I saw small restaurants with "food and drink" written on the window with marker pen around Silom. 

But generally it's dead quiet. A bunch of ladies in Soi 7/1 offering full service massage is about the only action available that i saw, apart from a few freelancers

Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly off topic, but not being in thailand right now how is the real situation in bangkok and thailand. Im just trying to understand how bad things really are and how much of it is the media driven both in thailand and in the world. There didnt seem to be any real precautions for about 2 months but i dont really hear any reports of massive numbers of serious cases in thailand. Given that thailand was the 2nd worst after china i was expecting to see some pretty bad numbers but i havent seen alot in the news, facebook, social media ... even talking to thai friends i dont hear alot of deaths and serious cases. Again just trying to get some feedback on how things are for conditions over there. In canada right now it seems way over reported and overkill  to shut down the country for 50-75 hospitalized people that would statistically probably be hospitalized with the seasonal flu. Doesnt really make sense and here when the health officials are pressed for details that can be confirmed they start stating there are privacy issues and wont release that info. Just feels a bit to vague and questionable at times. Thank you for your feedback

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, westexpat3 said:

Slightly off topic, but not being in thailand right now how is the real situation in bangkok and thailand. Im just trying to understand how bad things really are and how much of it is the media driven both in thailand and in the world. There didnt seem to be any real precautions for about 2 months but i dont really hear any reports of massive numbers of serious cases in thailand. Given that thailand was the 2nd worst after china i was expecting to see some pretty bad numbers but i havent seen alot in the news, facebook, social media ... even talking to thai friends i dont hear alot of deaths and serious cases. Again just trying to get some feedback on how things are for conditions over there. In canada right now it seems way over reported and overkill  to shut down the country for 50-75 hospitalized people that would statistically probably be hospitalized with the seasonal flu. Doesnt really make sense and here when the health officials are pressed for details that can be confirmed they start stating there are privacy issues and wont release that info. Just feels a bit to vague and questionable at times. Thank you for your feedback

Well, I would say the numbers here are probably much higher than reported due to lack of testing. I agree the numbers still seem strangely low though given it arrived here pretty early. The next 2 weeks are pivotal after the restrictions.

 

We have seen how this can rocket in 10-14 days like in Italy and Spain. It could easily happen here.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 9:45 AM, Denis903 said:

Precisely so as not to stigmatize a particular country, in this case China.

So Covid-19 means Corona Virus Disease 2019.

We live in the era of political correctness, it should not be forgotten... . It was not the same thing at the time of the Spanish flu. 😉

COVID-19 is an acronym for Coronavirus. Denis is correct. 

Edited by Dave The Rave
Link to post
Share on other sites

More closures in Bangkok

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1883570/bangkok-malls-to-close-from-sunday

Pol Gen Aswin said his order was the result of consultations with the BMA committee on communicable disease control, and based on Section 35 of the Communicable Disease Act. The venues to be closed include:

  • restaurants (except takeout and restaurants serving food for hotel guests)
  • shopping malls (except supermarket zones, drugstores or zones selling necessary items and food shops (takeout is permitted)
  • markets and weekend markets (except sales of fresh and dried food and cooked meals for takeout, animal feed, drugstores and other necessary items)
  • beauty salons, tattoo service shops
  • skate and rollerblade venues or other similar services
  • amusement parks, bowling lanes, gaming and internet shops
  • golf courses or golf driving ranges
  • swimming pools or similar service venues
  • fighting cock venues 
  • Buddha amulet sales stalls
  • exhibition and convention centres
  • educational institutions at all levels including tuition schools
  • weight-control services and cosmetic clinics
  • health spas, animal spas, massage parlours, herbal treatment centres, cinemas, theatres
  • entertainment places, boxing stadiums and boxing schools, sports stadiums and horse race tracks.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...