Good places for Dinner Date

Thanks everyone for suggestions. I hope that i will be able to explore most of the places in next trip. I agree with Christian on the point of exploring other amazing places away from general busy touristy areas as suggested by other members also. [emoji482][emoji1635]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

I love dining in Jua, it has a nice ambience and really really great food. It's also pleasing to the eyes because of its  vibe. Their food is tasty. REALLY. They serve both Japanese and Hawaiian food as the main chef used to live there, or so I heard. My favourite food is their katsu sando anf miso caesar, amazing. 

• 9 months later...

Loving this thread and looking forward to trying some of the suggestions. Here are some suggestions from me. I’d suggest In Love bar restaurant right on the river next Rama viii bridge. Spectacular location a little bit out from Banglamphu. Just google it. Only go at night. Mainly thai clientele. It’s relaxed, casual and not expensive. You can then grab a Tuk Tuk to khao San and wander round together. Great for breaking the ice. For a hi so version go to River Bar, more upmarket but again right on the river. 

• 5 months later...

I really like Peppina at very end interjunction of suk soi 33. It’s the best Italian food I have had outside of Italy. They even employ an Napolitanian chef.

truffle pizze omnomnom

• 2 months later...

TIP: Wherever you go Google is your friend... If you google "romantic restaurants Bangkok" or "business restaurants" or whatever it is it will make a list with various restaurants to choose... The rating and the critics will help you choose the best for you. Also check out the menus and photos... High rating and many critics is what you are looking for. A restaurant with 10 critics and a rating of 4,6 is not even close to one with rating 4,5 and 700 critics... Always check the pricing because some of them are quite expensive. This is in my oppinion the best way to choose restaurant globaly... 

• 1 month later...

One thing I found quite popular with many of the Thai ladies I've know is the hot pot style of restaurant / dining (or Korean BBQ).

Similar to MK or those mall conveyor belt bars I can't remember the names of now... (shabushi?)  While you might want something more upscale the same style probably scales....

I actually get annoyed with the general idea personally (going to a restaurant and having to cook your owned damned food!!!) but find a lot of these ladies seem to enjoy the opportunity to cook for you.

And all you're really doing is throwing a bunch of stuff in a pot of broth set on a burner at the table (at least the ones that don't have a full on charcoal BBQ stuck through a hole in the middle of the table to bump your knees on).

Their expectations of service from the restaurants are often far different than ours.

Edited by little_me

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Matts43215 said:

What is the average cost for a nice dinner in a nice restaurant (2022/2023) for 2 people in BKK excluding drinks. I know nice is a relative term, but I mean not too casual like a pizza or very fancy. Something in the middle. 

As you say it is a relative term, but I'd say 1500 Baht to 3000 Baht upwards.

Obviously if going to an upmarket restaurant in a hotel or stand alone Restaurant expect more.

Recently ate at kub kao kub pla at T21 and had 3 dishes and all up was just under 1400 Baht.

Here has pricing for each dish Kub Kao Kub Pla (กับข้าวกับปลา) - อารีย์ on Grab Food.

Nara Thai is another restaurant chain in some of the major shopping centres and pricing is similar.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...