Favourite hotel or Airbnb in Bangkok

I thought it would be nice to create a thread with favourite hotels or Airbnbs in Bangkok.

I've only stayed in hotels in Bangkok up until now but I'd love to discover good Airbnbs as well for upcoming trips which hopefully happen soon.

My favourite hotel currently is the Mercure, Soi 11

It fits my budget at around $75 a night. Rooms are comfortable, bathrooms spacious, swimming pool is good and the entire hotel has a modern feel to it. The location is great to experience the nightlife with multiple clubs nearby and easy access to Nana and Cowboy. There are lots of good food options nearby and El Gaucho Steakhouse on the ground floor.

spacious-deluxe-room.jpg

I'd love to read recommendations on hotels or Airbnbs from other members.

I've stayed twice at Hotel Icon on Soi 2. Usually around $ 50 US a night (although right now rooms for the fall are $ 37 on Agoda). Quiet, modern place with a decent infinity pool on the roof. Best of all, a short walk through the Rajah parking lot and you're on Soi Nana!

I don’t really see the attraction of AirBNBs in Bangkok given they proliferation of hotels at every price point. Even the $50 p/night hotels are comfortable with breakfast inclusive that is always nice and one less thing to organise. And at a hotel you get the sheets changed every day for you 😉 

Each to their own of course.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, alexstardust said:

Citadines 11 is another good choice in the same area and for the same price. I don't remember the details, but my room was quite big and stylish. Also food service was ok. A few steps from Oskar, Levels etc

Seems like a neat place. Rooms look spacious and the Soi 11 location is top ofcourse.

19 hours ago, briguy said:

I've stayed twice at Hotel Icon on Soi 2. Usually around $ 50 US a night (although right now rooms for the fall are $ 37 on Agoda). Quiet, modern place with a decent infinity pool on the roof. Best of all, a short walk through the Rajah parking lot and you're on Soi Nana!

Ah that's convenient! Price seems very reasonable as well.

14 hours ago, christian1234 said:

I don’t really see the attraction of AirBNBs in Bangkok given they proliferation of hotels at every price point. Even the $50 p/night hotels are comfortable with breakfast inclusive that is always nice and one less thing to organise. And at a hotel you get the sheets changed every day for you 😉 

Each to their own of course.

Airbnb has many pros.

For a couple of weeks, makes no sense (and it's illegal).

But if you stay one month, you save hundreds of dollars.

I usually spend a little more than average (800-1000$ month) but I get nice condos, with pool and gym, and good location.

I also want to be able to cook a steak, use a table, lay on the couch, wash the clothes by myself.

That pays off the 10 minutes a day I need to keep it clean.

I wouldn't get a cheap condo that's for sure

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Pattaya and going to Bangkok for business a few times a Year.

Favorite hotels are:
* The Davis (Sukhumvit Soi 24)
Pro: Good Sized Rooms.
Have Rooms for Smokers
Usually about 60-70 US$
Con: A bit away from the Bar Areas, one km from Sukhumvit Rd. Not too many Restaurants in the vicinity

* Moevenpick Sukhumvit
Pro: Nice designed Rooms. Great Restaurants at decent prices.
Have Rooms for Smokers
Great Sukhumvit Location Soi 15, close to everything.
Con: Sometimes the price goes up to more than 100$. But often can be had for about 70 - 80

My personal favourites are The Landmark & Citrus Suites.

Landmark has perfect location and reasonably priced for a ‘posh’ hotel around £100 a night.

Citrus Suites is a bargain can get a huge 60sqm apartment for £70 a night and it has both the fastest WiFi & most comfortable bed I’ve experienced in BKK! Location wise it’s not too bad either 5 min walk from NP.

If I want something cheap & cheerful I’ll go to Tai Pan Hotel less than 5 min walk from SC. Around £30-40 a night but decent enough and good value for money.

Have convinced my work to pay for the Hyatt Regency a couple of times which has an awesome rooftop bar but it’s usually out of budget.

Would take a £10 a night shithole right now though if it meant I could be back in BKK 😄 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SunnyValentine said:

I live in Pattaya and going to Bangkok for business a few times a Year.

Favorite hotels are:
* The Davis (Sukhumvit Soi 24)
Pro: Good Sized Rooms.
Have Rooms for Smokers
Usually about 60-70 US$
Con: A bit away from the Bar Areas, one km from Sukhumvit Rd. Not too many Restaurants in the vicinity

* Moevenpick Sukhumvit
Pro: Nice designed Rooms. Great Restaurants at decent prices.
Have Rooms for Smokers
Great Sukhumvit Location Soi 15, close to everything.
Con: Sometimes the price goes up to more than 100$. But often can be had for about 70 - 80

The Davis used to be one of my favourites as well.

Last I stayed there, a couple of years back, it felt like the hotel needed a renovation and the service wasn't as good as it used to be either. Not sure if they've improved on this since.

I'd still consider staying there on my next trip - the Ambassador suite is just beautiful and makes up for most of the flaws.

2 hours ago, Rocky Rockstar said:

My personal favourites are The Landmark & Citrus Suites.

Landmark has perfect location and reasonably priced for a ‘posh’ hotel around £100 a night.

Citrus Suites is a bargain can get a huge 60sqm apartment for £70 a night and it has both the fastest WiFi & most comfortable bed I’ve experienced in BKK! Location wise it’s not too bad either 5 min walk from NP.

If I want something cheap & cheerful I’ll go to Tai Pan Hotel less than 5 min walk from SC. Around £30-40 a night but decent enough and good value for money.

Have convinced my work to pay for the Hyatt Regency a couple of times which has an awesome rooftop bar but it’s usually out of budget.

Would take a £10 a night shithole right now though if it meant I could be back in BKK 😄 

Citrus Suites looks like great value for those huge rooms - nice find!

On 6/25/2020 at 2:38 AM, bangkokblues said:

The Davis used to be one of my favourites as well.

Last I stayed there, a couple of years back, it felt like the hotel needed a renovation and the service wasn't as good as it used to be either. Not sure if they've improved on this since.

I'd still consider staying there on my next trip - the Ambassador suite is just beautiful and makes up for most of the flaws.

Try to get a room in the Corner Wing. They feel more modern, but still have the timeless touch I like. Also much bigger bathrooms.