Man Jailed In Thailand For Negative Hotel Review

kelp987

Actions like this will turn tourists off.  If you can't give a negative review, then how can you trust any reviews about Thailand?  I can't believe they actually jailed him, but time will tell if he serves any time.  This really makes LOS look bad imo ...

This s an extreme case to say the least, but the guest does seem to be an ass hole. Read the story about the original altercation in the hotel restaurant over a wine corkage charge.

I do not believe it was the 1 star review that landed the guy in hot water with the authorities. It was the defamation of the restaurant manger and the false, vindictive (from the perspective of the hotel manager) report posted on travel advisor. Did the hotel manager over react in filing charges? Absolutely. I would be concerned about his mental state If I were the owner. Perhaps both the manager and the guest should take an anger management course with Jack Nicholson. 555. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Natty Bummpo said:

I do not believe it was the 1 star review that landed the guy in hot water with the authorities. It was the defamation of the restaurant manger and the false, vindictive (from the perspective of the hotel manager) report posted on travel advisor. Did the hotel manager over react in filing charges? Absolutely. I would be concerned about his mental state If I were the owner. Perhaps both the manager and the guest should take an anger management course with Jack Nicholson. 555. 

My understanding is that the guy went on multiple review sites, and left reviews that went clearly over the top and far beyond his original grievance, with the apparent goal of damaging the venue's deputation and future revenue. It's those latter points around scope, truthfulness, and ultimate intent that hung the guy. He clearly wanted to screw them, and got screwed in return. Som nam naa...

• 4 weeks later...

The guy was posting multiple bad reviews so the hotel asked for police assistance after he refused to talk with them. The police mediate issues like this all the time, no charges just oversee a meeting to sort out a dispute.

He refused to turn up to the police summons, so an arrest warrant was issued.

Unless Daddy owns Red Bull, if you get a summons by the police you go.

The guy deserves everything he got.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...