Grand Mercure Bangkok Asoke Residence Sukhumvit 19

The Grand Mercure Asok (Soi 19 ) Residence is a very nice 3.5 to 4 star hotel. The rooms are big, the pool is ok, the hotel is kind of quiet, but it is easy walking distance to Soi Cowboy or Sukhumvit. And yes, it is girl friendly. On occasion I have brought up 3 girls at a time to party and the front desk did not bat an eye.

99.9% of the hotels in BKK are like that and girl friendly. It is a different story in Pattaya where you should inquire just to make sure of the hotel policy concerning guests and joiner fees. Girl Friendly to me means the hotel doesn't care how many girls you bring in at a time ie there is no joiner fee regardless of the number of girl you invite over. Some hotels in Pattaya allow only 1 girl joiner free and then start charging for any additional girls. That is not very friendly. ha ha. So, always make sure that the Pattaya hotel guest policy fits your style of play before booking a hotel there.

Another big difference between BKK & Pattaya hotels is that BKK hotels never check a girl's ID as long as she is accompanying you while many "girl friendly" Pattaya hotels do ID checks on your girls. Go figure. 555. That might not be a big deal to you or you may prefer an ID check. I do not, but I put up with that policy in a couple of my favorite Pattaya hotels, because I like the hotel for other reasons like great room or location.

Lastly, if your hotel room has a balcony than you can smoke on that balcony.  It does not matter what floor the room is on or if the room is a no smoking room. The balcony is outside of the room so it is ok. Keep the door shut and throw away your butts.

Edited by Natty Bummpo
clarification and spelling error

48 minutes ago, Natty Bummpo said:

Lastly, if your hotel room has a balcony than you can smoke on that balcony.  It does not matter what floor the room is on or if the room is a no smoking room. The balcony is outside of the room so it is ok.

Disagree. Some hotels specifically state they are a 100% non-smoking facility. And that should be respected so we don't give the tobaccophobes more reason to hate us.

I am not aware of any 100% non-smoking hotels in BKK, Pattaya, Phnom, Macau, MNL or Jakarta – my main haunts. I should add that I am not an everyday smoker, but while I am on a trip, I like to take a time out,  relax and smoke a small Cohiba club size cigar occasionally and I have never had a problem smoking one of these on a balcony of my non-smoking BKK hotel room. BTW, I only know of a few balcony room hotels in BKK – the Fraser Appt Hotel in Soi 11, the Centre Point Hotel on Soi 10 and the Admiral Premeier Hotel on Soi 23. I am sure there are others. Pattaya has many more hotels with balcony rooms and I never encountered a problem smoking on my Pattaya non-smoking room balcony either.

I agree with you that it is wrong to smoke inside a non smoking room and fouling up the smell of the room. It would also be asking for trouble because many hotels have a penalty for smoking in a non-smoking room. They call it a cleaning service and it can be as high as 5,000 bhat.

On 10/11/2020 at 2:50 PM, Natty Bummpo said:

I am not aware of any 100% non-smoking hotels in BKK

You're wrong there, to my regret I booked a hotel where I thought smoking was allowed only to find out on arrival that it was not.  If I had not paid in advance and was only staying a few days then I would have left.  I sent a message before booking that I wanted a smoking room and they said to ask on check in only to discover then that it was fully non-smoking.

DownandUp, What was the name of your hotel? They did not play it straight with you since you specifically requested a smoking room and they deferred on the issue, but took your reservation anyway. You have a case for requesting a refund on your CC charge. Oh well, water under the bridge and all that, but let us know the name of the hotel.

Thanks,

NB  

1 hour ago, Natty Bummpo said:

Oh well, water under the bridge and all that, but let us know the name of the hotel.

It was the On8, near to Nana BTS.  And something else to consider that some may not like is that the rooms have no windows.