Whats the most luxurious hotel in bangkok

• Shadowman2013 changed the title to Whats the most luxurious hotel in bangkok
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/7/2021 at 11:22 AM, Soi11 said:

How about the Shangri-La?  Not near the action, but near BTS to get there

It's a big building to walk around outside to get to the BTS, you can go through inside but it's a maze.

Nice grounds, pool, etc. right on the river, can take the ferry up if you want to do the tourist gig around the palace, wat po, etc. 

Room wasn't too impressive, nice enough.

46 minutes ago, little_me said:

It's a big building to walk around outside to get to the BTS, you can go through inside but it's a maze.

Nice grounds, pool, etc. right on the river, can take the ferry up if you want to do the tourist gig around the palace, wat po, etc. 

Room wasn't too impressive, nice enough.

I always walk through the hotel/pool area to get to the BTS, it's a total maze that's true, but once you figure it out it's a nice walk through beautiful grounds and lobbies.  The main lobby bar is great for an afternoon drink and watching the boats on the river.  Be aware though that the prices are Western prices, like New York or London, and IMO not worth it.  I assume they cater to businessmen on expense accounts who don't know what amazing food and at what prices you can find in Bangkok.  But yes super convenient to the ferry and the sights.

A buddy of mine barfined 2 girls from Soi Cowboy and brought them back to Shangri La, I thought he was crazy, that they wouldn't allow them in, but apparently the hotel didn't mind.  The girls loved it of course

52 minutes ago, Soi11 said:

A buddy of mine barfined 2 girls from Soi Cowboy and brought them back to Shangri La, I thought he was crazy, that they wouldn't allow them in, but apparently the hotel didn't mind.  The girls loved it of course

People seem to misunderstand that the high end hotels cater to the customer regardless of how classless their taste. Customer is there for the service.

Its the lower end establishments that are more worried about damage to their properties or disturbances that try and limit this behavior, customer's going to come back because of price, not the service...

I got a deal on priceline.com back when that was a thing. Enjoyed the stay, was still kinda mid range-ish price... Last day I was there I went down to the lobby and found police setting up metal detectors on the front doors, and wandering through the maze walked past one of the ballrooms with the door open, full of brown shirts, must have been over 100 uniformed officers all sitting around...  Someone important must have been checking in...

Reminds me of rumors / photos, etc. after the 2004 tsunami when Bill Clinton and Sr. Bush were visiting they stayed at the JW Marriott, wonder what kinda shit show security had with girls coming back there (especially if they were there for Clinton, he seems to show up in Bangkok kinda often, remember hearing about him on the set of the hangover movie, I think on Soi 7/1?).