Centre Point - My choice for mid term stay in Bangkok

So during the years I have been trying a lot of hotels and airbnb's.

As you all know hotel prices in Thailand are quite low, but especially for those who stay around 2-3 months, a small apartment could be a better choice - and definitely cheaper.

At the same time, the idea of calling a maid twice a week, and still have to do some cleaning yourself (if you care about keeping your place in decent condition when you take a girl home), it's a no go for may people.

The obvious solution is serviced apartments. This time I tried a couple of aparthotels of Centre Point chain and I'm not disappointed.

The rooms are basic, so even if you find a 5 star (grande centre point), don't expect luxury. I wouldn't consider a basic room here. But I find their one bedroom suite amazing.

I love the idea of having a 80sqm apartment with a kitchen, a bathtub, washing machine, balcony, not worry about cleaning, in room dining when I want, and pay slightly more than renting a similar condo on airbnb. 

At this time I'm checking prices in their locations (Asok, Thong Lo etc) and they all are much cheaper than the competition.

But the city is big and there must be alternatives.

Have you ever tried a service apartment in BKK?

definitely coming to BKK end of year (if COVID is ok ofc) and I did some research and I think airbnb would be best. 700-1500 per month. maybe you get a cleaning lady it cant be that much money. and you have your own place where you can bring company. at least that is how I see it.

The thing that gives me trouble is the location. I was looking around Nana just because of proximity to all the fun. what is your opinion ?

20 hours ago, keltix said:

definitely coming to BKK end of year (if COVID is ok ofc) and I did some research and I think airbnb would be best. 700-1500 per month. maybe you get a cleaning lady it cant be that much money. and you have your own place where you can bring company. at least that is how I see it.

The thing that gives me trouble is the location. I was looking around Nana just because of proximity to all the fun. what is your opinion ?

That's a very broad budget, with 700 (dollars?) you could get an "ok" place not too far from the action. If you care about staying in a nicer building and close to the Suk it's gonna be closer to the 1000 (at least in my experience, maybe booking early it's gonna be cheaper, I don't know)

There are a couple things I don't particularly like with airbnb:

- You don't really know how you like your apartment till you get there, and most of them don't show the exact location... but maybe you can ask

- My apartment will be a mess the day after they clean it. Plus some girls lose hair everywhere, or leave stains on the sheets.

- technically the owner should file a TM30, useful if you are on a tourist visa and want to extend it

• Like 1
On 3/2/2021 at 1:28 AM, alexstardust said:

The obvious solution is serviced apartments.

I'd like to explore that option too. What sites do you use to search for all serviced apartments in a particular area, with reviews?  

I like the idea of a condo or apartment instead of a hotel in Bangkok even for a short stay. I have never used AirBnB before but I have looked at the site and tried to figure things out. I get a little confused and find it hard to understand why most places just don't tell you the name of the building so that you can map it out and determine if the place is right for your stay. No big deal. 

I have always used only a condo in Pattaya and only a hotel in Bangkok. I like the sense of freedom that a condo brings moreso than a hotel. I would be interested in more details about serviced apartments too as it seems like you get the best of both worlds.