talks of Test&Go to be scrapped and quarantine brought back :-(

thomas9

That would really suck ass. I just bought my ticket a few days ago, arriving first week of January. Got my Thailand Pass and everything sorted and done for the Test & Go. If they change back to full quarantine before that, I will have to cancel everything. No way I am spending one or two weeks in quarantine (with a negative test result nonetheless).

:(

Update from AQ guys..

THAILAND PASS 
SERVICE UPDATE

Due to the current situation our team will stop accepting new cases for Thailand Pass services for the following destination / program combinations.

• Test & Go: Phuket
• Test & Go: Krabi
• Test & Go: Phang-nga

We are still accepting Test & Go cases for Bangkok, and Pattaya.

We are also accepting all Sandbox, and AQ requests.

On 12/20/2021 at 10:51 PM, frdx said:

That would really suck ass. I just bought my ticket a few days ago, arriving first week of January. Got my Thailand Pass and everything sorted and done for the Test & Go. If they change back to full quarantine before that, I will have to cancel everything. No way I am spending one or two weeks in quarantine (with a negative test result nonetheless).

😞

You are good if you already have your pass.

7 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

Update from AQ guys..

THAILAND PASS 
SERVICE UPDATE

Due to the current situation our team will stop accepting new cases for Thailand Pass services for the following destination / program combinations.

• Test & Go: Phuket
• Test & Go: Krabi
• Test & Go: Phang-nga

We are still accepting Test & Go cases for Bangkok, and Pattaya.

We are also accepting all Sandbox, and AQ requests.

I’m not sure this is accurate. It is being reported that no more test and go applications will be accepted after midnight today. If you already have your pass you are fine but need to take an extra (free) test on arrival. Phuket is the only active Sandbox at the moment. This will all be reviewed on 4th Jan.

33 minutes ago, Herbby said:

I’m not sure this is accurate. It is being reported that no more test and go applications will be accepted after midnight today. If you already have your pass you are fine but need to take an extra (free) test on arrival. Phuket is the only active Sandbox at the moment. This will all be reviewed on 4th Jan.

Yes your information is correct, but I believe the free test will be 7 days after arrival (and of course test negative on your arrival test).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Herbby said:

Ironically they sent this out in a text message.

Then there was another announcement right after with different information.

TIT

16 hours ago, Herbby said:

You are good if you already have your pass.

Yes, I am lucky my Thailand Pass got approved instantly, just a few days prior the announcement. I'm a bit paranoid now about catching covid before my flight so I'm self-isolating a bit. I also think I will not do much the first week in BKK because of the second PCR test after 7 days. How are you guys dealing with this fear?

See update: "Applicants who have registered, but have not received their QR Code must wait for their Thailand Pass to be considered / approved. Once approved, they can enter Thailand under the scheme they have registered."

Still hope for ones who in process - but not sure until which date it's valid to be under the scheme they have registered. 

20 hours ago, frdx said:

Yes, I am lucky my Thailand Pass got approved instantly, just a few days prior the announcement. I'm a bit paranoid now about catching covid before my flight so I'm self-isolating a bit. I also think I will not do much the first week in BKK because of the second PCR test after 7 days. How are you guys dealing with this fear?

Yeah i got approved in 1 minute on the 18th, flying out in two days on the 25th.

Yeah im trying to distance myself from anything that could infect me, im more scared about catching something on the flight or layover. 

Also first week is going to be hard, will probably try to safe, staying for 4 weeks so can do a slow first week.

3 hours ago, Vinichio said:

Yeah i got approved in 1 minute on the 18th, flying out in two days on the 25th.

Yeah im trying to distance myself from anything that could infect me, im more scared about catching something on the flight or layover. 

Also first week is going to be hard, will probably try to safe, staying for 4 weeks so can do a slow first week.

In similar situation myself, I wonder if I should just start the "high risk" activities after the first week. 

• 2 months later...