April 2022

Well that's decided! I'm going.

The 5th day quarantine was a little bit to much, especially the risk of being positive on day 5 and ruining my time. But the first day quarantine only is fine with me as that's just a goodnight sleep at most and being tested before flying in should be enough to be an safe margin to be tested negative on the first day.

I'm think about a month long trip (April 4 till May 2nd) with some sightseeing and a lot of leisure and pleasure! So if somebody is in the BKK area hit me up if somebody wants to hang out and have a couple of drinks. Maybe share a few ladies/experiences or something ;)

On 2/28/2022 at 8:29 PM, Mrmojo said:

Well that's decided! I'm going.

The 5th day quarantine was a little bit to much, especially the risk of being positive on day 5 and ruining my time. But the first day quarantine only is fine with me as that's just a goodnight sleep at most and being tested before flying in should be enough to be an safe margin to be tested negative on the first day.

I'm think about a month long trip (April 4 till May 2nd) with some sightseeing and a lot of leisure and pleasure! So if somebody is in the BKK area hit me up if somebody wants to hang out and have a couple of drinks. Maybe share a few ladies/experiences or something 😉

Hey Mrmojo

Our schedules may overlap for a few days. Happy to catch up and swap stories.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2022 at 3:47 AM, cluster said:

Hey Mrmojo

Our schedules may overlap for a few days. Happy to catch up and swap stories.

I just booked everything so I just need a go for the Test&Go program. The hotel is very hopeful that the quarantine measure are gone by the time I arrive but I havent read any news which would mean a easier entry as early as beginning of April. I'm hitting ground on April 4th so I would love it but seeing as there is now news as of now will probably mean still a first day quarantine. 

@ Cluster: I would love to hang out and swap stories with a couple of cold ones. DM me if possible and lets see how we can stay connected! 

2 hours ago, Mrmojo said:

I just booked everything so I just need a go for the Test&Go program. The hotel is very hopeful that the quarantine measure are gone by the time I arrive but I havent read any news which would mean a easier entry as early as beginning of April. I'm hitting ground on April 4th so I would love it but seeing as there is now news as of now will probably mean still a first day quarantine. 

@ Cluster: I would love to hang out and swap stories with a couple of cold ones. DM me if possible and lets see how we can stay connected! 

Quarantine is only until your test results come in so it's likely to be much shorter than 24hrs and you probably need a rest after a long travel day anyway 🙂

30 minutes ago, Johnnysm said:

Quarantine is only until your test results come in so it's likely to be much shorter than 24hrs and you probably need a rest after a long travel day anyway 🙂

This! beside the relatively small expense for the pcr test, I don't really care about the one day Q thing. I arrive and sleep 8 hrs. Wakeup and you have your results. Your results should always be negative since you need the negative test to start the journey anyway.

I'm arriving this thuesday 🙂

Edited by Jonard

1 hour ago, Johnnysm said:

True. I'm have a 16u flight (with a stop in Doha, travelling from Amsterdam) so arriving and just getting situated at the hotel (where the biggest part of my trip) and just resting a bit is fine with me. 

1 hour ago, Jonard said:

This! beside the relatively small expense for the pcr test, I don't really care about the one day Q thing. I arrive and sleep 8 hrs. Wakeup and you have your results. Your results should always be negative since you need the negative test to start the journey anyway.

I'm arriving this thuesday 🙂

Yeah, I'm not that worried but it would suck IF my trip would start with a quarantine periode of a couple of days. But as you said, you need a negative test before you board so the being tested positive should not be to much of a risk. Also I'm not risking it and basically in quarantine (working from home) for the 10 days up to my trip just to make sure hahahahah.

Good luck and have fun btw Jonard!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mrmojo said:

Also I'm not risking it and basically in quarantine (working from home) for the 10 days up to my trip just to make sure hahahahah.

Good luck and have fun btw Jonard!

Thanks!
In Belgium they lifted all restrictions but just went shopping with a FFP2 mask to avoid any possible infection.

2 minutes ago, Jonard said:

Thanks!
In Belgium they lifted all restrictions but just went shopping with a FFP2 mask to avoid any possible infection.

Was actually thinking about the same thing. My box of FFP2 masks will arrive sometime later today hahahah. Here in Holland the numbers are up again so just in cause.... I don't want anything ruining my plans, waited 2 long ;)

I don't know how long you will be going but I will be there around the 4th of April. So if you still around BKK maybe we can have a drink!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jonard said:

Thanks!

15 hours ago, Jonard said:

Sadly it’s only a 10 day trip. I’ll be back home 26/03. I love getting to know new people.

Too bad! Love meeting likeminded people too. But Belgium is not far from here hahahah so how knows 

1 hour ago, Mrmojo said:

Too bad! Love meeting likeminded people too. But Belgium is not far from here hahahah so how knows 

I spend 90% of my non travel time in Paris but that's still not far :-D. Belgium to visit the family.