30 days restriction...

kolofardos

5 hours ago, kolofardos said:

Hi guys, 

I am traveling from Europe in June for 32 days.. I didnt know about the 30 days restriction. Should I go for a visa just for 2 days more? Actually 1 day more because the last change of the day is gonna be when i will be travelling back... 

Since your from a European country it should be no problem to get a 30 day extension after you arrived.
For most EU countries you get your tourist visa on arrival and then you can go to the immigration office (they have one in most major and tourist cities) to get a 30 day extension. I think the cost is about 35 Euro.

If you have bad luck the airline won't even let you enter the plane before you fly to Thailand. Doesn't have to happen, but can happen.

If it's just 2 days I would't even bother with a visa, just pay for the overstay before your departure back to Europe

Edited by Zauberfee

Hey guys,

I wanted to inform the community that because its only one day I will pay 10€ fine when I leave. There is no need to issue a visa and there is no record about it if I pay the fine. Issuing a visa will cost more than 50€. Include the photos and the effort... I spoke to someone in the Thai Embassy here about it... 

9 hours ago, kolofardos said:

Hey guys,

I wanted to inform the community that because its only one day I will pay 10€ fine when I leave. There is no need to issue a visa and there is no record about it if I pay the fine. Issuing a visa will cost more than 50€. Include the photos and the effort... I spoke to someone in the Thai Embassy here about it... 

Be very careful here. I have never felt that Thailand is a model of consistency when enforcing rules.

Yes, It sounds weird but according to what I've been told, I have three options. 

1) Issue a visa here before I travel

2) Ask for 30 days extension while I am in Thailand

3) Pay the fine of 10€ per extra day 

none is wrong if I don't stay more than 60days...

13 hours ago, kolofardos said:

Yes, It sounds weird but according to what I've been told, I have three options. 

1) Issue a visa here before I travel

2) Ask for 30 days extension while I am in Thailand

3) Pay the fine of 10€ per extra day 

none is wrong if I don't stay more than 60days...

Be aware, the fine will be recorded and could be problematic for future trips.

Yes, a weekend trip to PP is actualy in my plans depeding how the whole thing goes... 

But what I understood from what the person in the Thai embassy here, in my country, told me is that problems start only if one stays more than 60 days... There is not going to be any problem if I pay the 10euros fine only for one day... This is a very common thing... Actually this is what he recomended in order to avoid paying about 50 euros for the visa and save 40... Anyways I thing Im gonna stick to No2 option of extending the 30 days while I am in Thailand if I dont go to PP for the weekend.