• 2 weeks later...

I had bad experience with airbnb so I would avoid them.   Was on a trip to Japan with a group of friends and the place we booked at canceled on us at the last minute.  Had to scramble for hotels but since it was tourist season everywhere was full. In the end we had to stay at various capsule hotels during those 2 weeks. It was not fun.

Technically, you can't get a rental for less than one month in Thailand.  But, of course it happens.  I have used Airbnb in several places in Thailand, including Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket.  Just be sure you know exactly what you are getting yourself in to - know the area, the building and the apartment.  Also, there is no daily room cleaning in an Airbnb.  I know some buildings in Bangkok definitely frown upon any short term rentals and can lock you out of using the pool and gym.

If you are coming to monger, then a hotel room is hard to beat. Being able to get fresh sheets and towels each day is just so much more convenient. 

Anyway, after extensive and thorough search I got myself a very nice, according to the reviews, room in a very VFM hotel for the first 4 days of my stay... Just 12€/day, which I thing is a very good deal since its right in the center of the city and very close to the action. It has 8,6 in booking and very good comments so it cant be awful. 

Its called Studio F Sukhumvit and can be found in the link below... 

If anyone knows it I would apreciate a feedback. 

https://www.google.com/maps/@13.739826,100.5619156,3a,75y,118.29h,96.28t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sh01lXHLNLgcEAoOl5b5A0A!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

22 hours ago, kolofardos said:

Anyway, after extensive and thorough search I got myself a very nice, according to the reviews, room in a very VFM hotel for the first 4 days of my stay... Just 12€/day, which I thing is a very good deal since its right in the center of the city and very close to the action. It has 8,6 in booking and very good comments so it cant be awful. 

Its called Studio F Sukhumvit and can be found in the link below... 

If anyone knows it I would apreciate a feedback. 

https://www.google.com/maps/@13.739826,100.5619156,3a,75y,118.29h,96.28t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sh01lXHLNLgcEAoOl5b5A0A!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

That area is very central and if the reviews are for the most part positive I think you'll have no problems at all

• Like 1

My trip is going to end when I don't have money to spend anymore and I will try to stay more than a month and travel all around Thailand and maybe Cambodia (at least PP) so I have to cut some expenses wherever I can. In my experience the booking review system is never wrong. Ofcourse I do not expect to be in a 5* not even a 4* but it sounds like a decent and very VFM place to lay my ass and have a sleep... But you are right, I can't expect more than that... I will review as soon as I get there in mid June... 

• 1 month later...

The Airbnb condo I stayed at had a facial recognition thing to get in the building and the host doesn't change it for every guest so you have to wait for someone to come out of the building to get in. Super annoying when your trying to bring a girl back. My sure you ask the host about it.

All the other Airbnb's were perfect.

I would expect less privacy from an airbnb...

Sure, at a hotel, you are typically walking past the front desk every time you come and go... But they just don't care about you. If you're being discrete, they aren't going to notice.  People come and go, new people check in others check out. How could they possible keep track? 

And the higher class hotels that higher better staff that might be more observant... They also have higher standards of discretion and customer privacy.

Any apartment or condo being rented out on airbnb is probably going to be in a building of people that live there. They are far more likely to wonder who this new guy is and who he's with. Any on site security is used to the same people day in and day out and know them all, except you and that girl you just showed up with.

I'm sure there's all kinda good reasons to pick airbnb, I can't see this being one of them.

• Like 1

I’ve used Airbnb extensively in Thailand and the Philippines.  My experience has always been great. Only one bad experience in Pattaya with a bait and switch room. Airbnb gave me a full refund and made sure the host gave me the correct apartment. 
For me, the peace and quiet of my own apartment far trumps a hotel. Daily cleaning can also be had. Having a local host to advise on restaurants , day trips etc is also a benefit. 
I have never had any issue bringing different woman or multiple women back to the apartments. 
Do your homework.  Look at the reviews and pictures and you will be fine in an Airbnb apartment or room.