Tailor Made Wear

Any recomandations to which stores to visit for tailor-made clothing in bangkok?

It will be greatful to have a list so as to compare the quality and price

Name of store :

Remarks :

Price :

Thanks In Advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Eden,

I've tried a couple of tailors and researched a bunch of them. It depends on what you need but I can recommend Rajawongse on Sukhumvit just North of Soi 4/ Nana. 100% cotton dress shirts ~US$40 / 1200 Bht. Suits in pure summer weight wool or wool/cashmere with two pairs of trousers ~US$300 / 9000 Bht???? (bought them a while ago).

I also buy dress shirts and linen casual shirts from Tajmahal, who, by now have probably moved from their location further down the soi on Nana from the entrance to Nana Ent Plaza (NEP) to Sukhumvit, south of the gas station on the SE corner of Sukhumvit & Nana, near the pharmacy. Again price for 100% cotton shirts or 100% linen ~US$40 / 1200 Bht.

Raja has also had good reviews and is directly to the right of the NEP entrance but I haven't tried them.

Make sure you give yourself plenty of time for 2 or 3 fittings at the least for suits. Shirts are easier, usually initially measurements and then a try on upon completion.

Hope that helps.

Best,

SBDOTKU

Speaking of Cloths, just how hot and humid is Bangkok in September?

I am planning on vacationing in Bangkok for 10 days in September, but vast majority of my clothes are business casual, almost all long sleeves.

In many of the pictures and videos I've seen, it seems almost everyone is wearing shorts and T-Shirts.

Would I be making huge mistake to pack any long sleeves shirts and suit pants?

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Cloths, just how hot and humid is Bangkok in September?

I am planning on vacationing in Bangkok for 10 days in September, but vast majority of my clothes are business casual, almost all long sleeves.

In many of the pictures and videos I've seen, it seems almost everyone is wearing shorts and T-Shirts.

Would I be making huge mistake to pack any long sleeves shirts and suit pants?

If you are just on holiday only, i suggest that you wear shorts and T shirts and slippers, you will not regret it lol.

Just a quick update from my trip from Bangkok

Ram's Tailor

513/2 Sukhumvit Road Soi 29 Bangkok 10110

Good service as well as very patience with customers although the place is abit small.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Any recomandations to which stores to visit for tailor-made clothing in bangkok?

It will be greatful to have a list so as to compare the quality and price

Name of store :

Remarks :

Price :

Thanks In Advance!

Name of store : Tom's Fashion

Location : 19, Soi Preeda, Sukhumvit Soi 8, Bangkok 10110, Thailand

Remarks : Excellent Tailor

Price : Affordable Price

• 6 months later...

Reminds me of the tailors at Suk Soi 8, they touted me for the first 2 days.

I'm a scruffy git at best of times, so they thought they had a chance initially. But the usual effort to acknowledge them, say no thanks, and smile as you go past works well.

The one good thing about the shopfront touts is that they don't forget your face - they left me alone for the next 25 days lol.

Kinda ironic how westerners shirk away from touting, the Thai's would do better to let us look unhindered, I actually like the sound of a linen shirt, may take a look at these suggestions next trip.