Medical Tourism

elitebook2

I'm surprised that the topic of medical tourism hasn't come up in regards to Thailand.  I had a procedure done in Phuket years ago and now I'm looking at having more work done.  I just got back from the local dentist who wants to charge me $10k.  It looks like the same work would cost between $2k and 3K in Bangkok at a dental clinic.  I was satisfied with the medical procedure I had done in Phuket years ago, why shouldn't I make a quick trip to Bangkok to have some dental work done?

I'm kicking myself for not going to the dentist the last time I was in Bangkok.  I tried to schedule things too late, so I only made it to the skin clinic.

Anyone have experience with root canals and crowns in Bangkok?  Or am I just a Cheap Charlie?

Been having all my dental work done in Bangkok for the past 15 years. Never had a problem at all. The work has always been if a very high standard. I use a place off Siam Square - but a little research will find you a very good place. Prices are very cheap compared to say the U.K.  

There is a place that I’ve walked past at Thong Lor a few times, on Soi 55. It looks the absolute business ! Porches and Bentleys parked outside etc. I had a quick look at their ‘lead’ prices,  and even there they were cheap compared to the U.K.  Think if I needed major works I might head that way.

I got a hair transplant in Bangkok, stayed there for a week - first time in Thailand, thought I'd be sick of it and want to get home ASAP.

Turns out I regretted buying a return ticket home. Once I returned I just had to go back and flew back to Bangkok a few months later.