Camera Store

nnmi

Anyone know of a good trustworthy high end camera store in BKK.  I'm thinking with the good exchange rate that an expensive lens or camera might be cheaper just due to that.  I know I saw a camera store Central World mall last time i was there but i also got the impression i would be overpaying there.  Any of the photographers here have a go to place?

never found prices cheaper in thailand than back home. Also can be problems with warranty work if ever needed if you go back home ( grey market ). Mbk is the only place for high end gear. there used to be a shop selling studio stuff ( medium format 5000-20000$ type equipment ) but they folded years ago. rama 9 ( fortune town across the street ) has almost an entire floor of camera gear / stores but it's mostly low to mid-range stuff but a few f1.2 lens. also a few floors of video gear. some stores left mbk and went to fortune town around 2016. back in 2019 a few stores still had stores in pantip plaza but mostly lower end stuff with a few odd expensive pieces. photofile also has a good used store on the ground floor of mbk ( or they did in 2019. and a good location on the 2nd floor ( maybe 3rd by burgerking in mbk ) Havent seen the new mall  iconsiam whether or not there are any high end stores in there.  

Thanks for the store recommendations i will be certain to have a look.  I know the grey market equipment comes with the risk but if i can save 20% i can live with that, although it doesn't seem likely in BKK.  I checked prices in Japan and with the crazy conversion ratio and the VAT tax exemptions i think i can make that work. 

In the US at least for Sony they go through 3rd party repair places.  I've found that the lens are pretty reliable so i'm not too concerned and since most repairs would be made by 3rd party anyways, they are willing to work on the grey market items.

• Like 1