Stayed here for 3 nights.

Paid $143 cad per night via Agoda. (after all taxes + fees)

Overall, a nice clean room with a comfortable king sized bed. Location is great as it is right next to Nana BTS and NEP is right around the corner. I can't really complain considering the price I paid for this room. Originally I was looking at Sofitel but it is double the price.

The only thing I would nitpick is that the tv reception is bad as well as a limited selection of channels, but let's be real. You aren't here for the tv.

Breakfast is included. It's buffet style located at the lobby level. Decent quality. There's western, Chinese, and some Indian/middle western stuff i think. If you stuff yourself you can skip lunch haha. They tell you that you only need to tell them your room number out front, but they didn't tell you that you need to flag one of the staff to get you a table. I thought I could sit anywhere at first and I ended up sitting at someone else's table by mistake. There were also times where someone sat at my table by mistake. It can get busy in the morning so I've seen it happen a few times to other people, so I think they can work on better communication in this area.

When I come back from Samui in a fwe days, I'll be staying at a different hotel that is in a even MORE convenient location.

PS: I tried to attach an pic of the room but it's upside down for some reason.  https://imgur.com/glUeAaC

• Like 2

I loved the breakfast there.

It's probably been over 15 years since I stayed there, but still remember the breakfast. The rooms were all being remodeled at the time, and ours was pretty dated but had a steep discount.

Location can't be beat. Except maybe that Majestic Grande, but that's a different kinda place.

Huntsman Pub, in the basement, has great western food but isn't cheap.

Ate at another restaurant on a higher floor once, 15 years ago, only really remember nothing other than we were there, couldn't have been remarkable and was probably way too expensive to be unremarkable.

You aren't here for the tv.

I've caught the flu in Bangkok and one or two mild stomach / intestine infections... And being down in a hotel room kinda really sucks with everything else you can do, but if the fracking TV can't distract you it's gonna really suck. And with the latest virus humans have stumbled into, something to be a little more prepared for....

Edited by little_me

33 minutes ago, Losforme said:

I have eaten on the Irish  themed bar downstairs  a good few years ago now ,  

forgot to mention that the basement is closed. (maybe renovations? it's boarded up.)

The only restaurants open are the rooftoop steakhouse, the chinese restaurant on 10th floor, the buffet place, and the restaurant on ground floor next to the bakery.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, ilikeredheads said:

forgot to mention that the basement is closed. (maybe renovations? it's boarded up.)

The only restaurants open are the rooftoop steakhouse, the chinese restaurant on 10th floor, the buffet place, and the restaurant on ground floor next to the bakery.

The Huntsman? Seem to recall seeing that it closed permanently. Maybe someone else can confirm.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking to book one of the corner rooms for January, do all of these rooms face towards the Marriott side, or do any face the tall building which Is above the Kasikorn bank.

I would hate to book the above room expecting a great view of BKK only to find a massive tower block messing the view up.

I did book the corner room back In January, but it was unavailable and was upgraded to the suite.

16 hours ago, Ptquad said:

Looking to book one of the corner rooms for January, do all of these rooms face towards the Marriott side, or do any face the tall building which Is above the Kasikorn bank.

I would hate to book the above room expecting a great view of BKK only to find a massive tower block messing the view up.

I did book the corner room back In January, but it was unavailable and was upgraded to the suite.

No they don’t all face the Marriott.  I used to stay in the Landmark years ago on business trips, always in the high floor corner rooms.  Most of the time it was over looking nana plaza but once it was the other side of the building, I guess you could say facing soi 6.

there is a commercial building right in from of you if you stay on that side.  It’s not the worst thing in the world and I don’t remember it being super super close to your window but definitely ask for the soi 4/Marriott facing side if you can swing it.

• Like 1