I decided to stay at a different hotel besides Landmark after my side trip to Samui. You can read my review about the Landmark in this thread.

Originally I was looking at Grande Centre Point T21 but I decide give this place a try since it is new, as it opened in 2020. It is part of the Nishitetsu Hotel group thus you get Japanese customer service combined with Thai friendliness. It's clear they are catered towards Japanese travelers as they have staff that can speak Japanese.

I paid $430cad all in for a standard double room for 3 nights via Agoda. I wanted breakfast but I couldn't add it as a option on Agoda for some reason.

Pretty much second to none. It has direct access to asoke BTS which means you can reach BTS, MRT, and Terminal completely protected from rain and without having to deal with stairs. Their lobby is located on the same level as BTS access. Every time I walk by the staff at reception will greet you.

Room

The room is slightly smaller compared to Landmark's but you still get a comfy big bed. I felt that my room was barely used as it still has that "new car smell". There's ample outlets and usb ports. The only thing I'll nitpick is that it lacks a desk and a LAN port, which is odd considering it's aimed at Japanese business travelers. The washroom is shower only but it has one of those Japanese toilets, complete with bidet and dryer function, accessed via a control panel to the side. The tv has all the Japanese channels as well as netflix (but I couldn't get netflix to work).  There's 4 bottles of complimentary water daily. (2 are in the minifridge). One thing I like is that you need your key card to access the elevators as well as the entrance during late night hours for increased security.

Facilities

There's a Japanese restaurant on the 2nd floor. I did try breakfast one morning. It's not buffet style, but rather you choose between Japanese or Western style breakfast. There's a self serve area where you can grab toast, fruits, juice and yogurts. I picked the Japanese style breakfast and it was good. It cost 350b plus tax.

There's also a rooftop bar, pool, and gym which are all located on the 27th floor. They gave me a voucher for a free drink during checkin so I did check out the bar. The view is nice, especially at night.

Final thoughts

I liked this place more than Landmark. Better location and newer.  Landmark isn't bad but it's showing its age. I personally prefer staying at closer to asoke rather than nana.

FYI, I didn't bring any BF back to the hotel. If you are worried about reception greeting you while you bring your lady, the good news is that reception is unmanned after like 10pm. There's still a security outside the BTS access but I highly doubt he cares.  If you are that paranoid you can enter the hotel from the ground floor.

20220915_172911_HDR.jpg

20220917_100316.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for doing the prequalification on this new hotel!  It looks like a real winner in terms of location/cost in the midrange price target.  How was the bedding quality, the one reason i don't like to stay at GCP21 is the bed is too hard for me to get a good nights sleep.

The room does seem a bit small but with the T21 across the way theres a nice place to hang out.  How was the pool area and were there any other good spots in the hotel to just lounge around in.  The big resort area of GCP21 is one of its strongest suits.

On 9/24/2022 at 12:47 PM, nnmi said:

Thanks for doing the prequalification on this new hotel!  It looks like a real winner in terms of location/cost in the midrange price target.  How was the bedding quality, the one reason i don't like to stay at GCP21 is the bed is too hard for me to get a good nights sleep.

The room does seem a bit small but with the T21 across the way theres a nice place to hang out.  How was the pool area and were there any other good spots in the hotel to just lounge around in.  The big resort area of GCP21 is one of its strongest suits.

The bed was comfortable, not too firm or soft. Personally I'm not too picky with the bed firmness.

The pool is small. It's located right next to the rooftop bar so it's more of enjoying the view or a few drinks than actually swimming. The gym also have great views as it's one floor above the bar (although I didn't use it). Other than the bar or the lobby, there isn't much place to sit around.  This isn't a resort hotel. It's more aimed at business travelers.

For me, this place is currently my top pick if you are looking to stay in the asoke area because the location, bang for the buck, and the young age of the hotel is pretty unmatched.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the review. I've been looking at the Solaria Nishitetsu since they were still in construction. There haven't been many reviews around the web on this hotel. I used to always stay at the Nishitetsu brand when in Tokyo where the rooms are small but efficient.

• 1 year later...

I don't want to create a new thread, so here's my review for the Solaria Nishitetsu Hotel Bangkok from December 2023.

- This hotel is from the Nishitetsu hotel and leisure group. Solaria is their premium brand.

- Room is standard hotel layout but with small touches of Japanese attention to detail. Bathroom was comfortable.

- Breakfast is optionally included during booking. Choice of Japanese, Western and Thai entree plus the salad bar. Restaurant was casually nice and had lunch specials and in the evenings was upscale Japanese.

- Hotel definitely caters towards the Japanese market. A lot of Japanese businessmen and families. Also a lot of families from Hong Kong.

- I had tried to research this but wasn't able to figure out if this hotel is girl friendly. Everyone walks past the front desk reception to get to the elevators. I always saw at least 3 staff at the front desk even after 10 pm. During work hours it was more like 6 staff there.

- Pool is small but faces south so you get the sun. Gym is small. Don't stay at this hotel if these are important to you. On the same floor is a bar with a somewhat hidden large open air space with seating to relax at -- No drinks required to sit here.

- I really enjoyed the room but happened to get a good rate as I had booked really far out. Rates are in the range of nearby international chains like The Westin. Though I wouldn't stay here again until there's an answer on the hotel being GF or not.

is it a fully non smoking hotel or does it have smoking “floors”.  issue with some asian brands is they dont seem to understand or care that smoking rooms seep into the ac system.