Best “Short-Time” Bars in the Suk, Nana and Asoke area for “daytime” activities?

5 hours ago, drifting clouds said:

The area around Phrom Phong is Suk area? Or am i wrong?

soi 22 has also a lot of fullservice massageshops. That's near Asok.

It’s all Suk area. Lower suk is from Nana to Ekamai (give or take). Asok is definitely classed as Sukhumvit area though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, drifting clouds said:

The area around Phrom Phong is Suk area? Or am i wrong?

soi 22 has also a lot of fullservice massageshops. That's near Asok.

I guess it kinda depends on who you're talking to and how technical you want to be.... Maybe?

Though I'm hardly the expert, this is the Internet, so here I go!!!!

Sukhumvit basically starts, I guess, at about the train tracks or so, as a continuation of some other road that seems to come out of the old historic city center where the Grand Palace and such is. But, ya, it adopts the name Sukhumvit right there around Soi 1 or 2 or so... Where there's some train tracks, a raise expressway, what looks like maybe a filled in canal... Probably was the edge of Bangkok at some point in history...

There's a bit of history written about Sukhumvit that is kinda interesting, but, anyways.

So, ya, "Soi 22", is more properly Sukhumvit Soi 22, because many other roads have a "Soi 22", it's just a numbered alley and assumed an alley off Sukhumvit in any context on this board.  Similar with Nana, or Soi 4, I've seen other "Soi Nana" signs, I think, around Bangkok.

And Asoke seems to be Soi 21. And at some point turns into Ratchada rd., at which it's kinda in a different "area"... the Asoke part is still pretty much there where it crosses Sukhumvit.

So, it's pretty much all part of Sukhumvit area, or lower Sukhumvit (smaller numbered Sois?). The whole road is a highway that goes all the way to Cambodia apparently, passing through, or at least the outskirts of Pattaya on the way.

So, short time, daytime, on premise action is pretty much all in massage shops around there. They mostly start rolling at noon. Most of the BJ bars, i.e. Kasalong, wood bar, etc., if I remember typically open around this time too.  Some places claim to open at 10:00, be skeptical, maybe one girl will show up that early and she'll already be busy.  And "on premise" action is not typical in any of the Bangkok bars or gogos, there are some exceptions, but rooms upstairs seem to get them into trouble if you follow news reports on bar closings. 

I've had good luck with Bamboo massage actually starting at 10:00 in the past, but that was years ago.  Like Soi 8 I think (Sukhumvit Soi 8), upstairs from the other massage shop (which apparently doesn't have an upstairs, so no rooms, or maybe it's really next door and bamboo is actually upstairs from the tailor... I dunno.. Just make sure you use the little door that goes immediately upstairs inside)...

On 9/26/2022 at 11:02 PM, SlickMonkey said:

great, short time, on premises action

And daytime, in a bar, used to be Star of Light in Patpong, depending on how you define "great"😇.  There are reports of another bar upstairs from where it was that's carrying on the tradition, but I've never been, can't remember the name, something about the "world" or something?  A little out "Suk" area in the Silom area, but not that far and real easy to get to via MRT or BTS in daytime.

And I can't comment about the new place but Star of Light did, quite surprisingly, start rolling at like 10:00 AM. Shocked me to stroll in there just after breakfast and find a line forming behind me to get..... um, some.....  (and ya, it was the kinda place where the line sits and watches...) 

Edited by little_me

13 minutes ago, little_me said:

And daytime, in a bar, used to be Star of Light in Patpong, depending on how you define "great"😇.  There are reports of another bar upstairs from where it was that's carrying on the tradition, but I've never been, can't remember the name, something about the "world" or something?  A little out "Suk" area in the Silom area, but not that far and real easy to get to via MRT or BTS in daytime.

This place: