night markets

•  

•  

I like night markets. Even Chatuchat, sometimes i got there Friday evening, because you dont melt down with the heat.

Last night market i went to (pre-covid) was at Petchaburi Rd, not far from Platinum. I have heard some nice night markets have closed because of Covid and i know some ones are not trendy anymore. Also, some are more thai-oriented and not so funny for farangs/tourists. Oh, and some are too far to go, if you are a tourist and stay near the center.

Right now, wich ones would be on your top 5?

12 minutes ago, filipef said:
  •  

•  

I like night markets. Even Chatuchat, sometimes i got there Friday evening, because you dont melt down with the heat.

Last night market i went to (pre-covid) was at Petchaburi Rd, not far from Platinum. I have heard some nice night markets have closed because of Covid and i know some ones are not trendy anymore. Also, some are more thai-oriented and not so funny for farangs/tourists. Oh, and some are too far to go, if you are a tourist and stay near the center.

Right now, wich ones would be on your top 5?

Rotfai Night market at Srinagarindra is nice. It was better before covid, but still a lot of food options. And clothes if you're in to that.

by the way: how did you get advanced member with only 7 posts?

10 hours ago, drifting clouds said:

Rotfai Night market at Srinagarindra is nice. It was better before covid, but still a lot of food options. And clothes if you're in to that.

by the way: how did you get advanced member with only 7 posts?

give him 500bth and you will know how he got it so quick.

• 3 weeks later...

Very cool topic, I have been watching some youtube vids of night markets in Chumphon.

Apparently this place is a hidden paradise so therefore I have put it on my list of places to visit.... but yeah night markets sounds and appear amazing. I just don't think I'll be eating any of the deep fried larva...

The other food like chicken and stuff looks freaking amazing!

5 hours ago, Martin67 said:

I just don't think I'll be eating any of the deep fried larva...

The other food like chicken and stuff looks freaking amazing!

The far i went was deep fried grasshoppers, and i loved it. That goes fine with some beers, i think. Larva and scorpions, well, not yet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, filipef said:

The far i went was deep fried grasshoppers, and i loved it. That goes fine with some beers, i think. Larva and scorpions, well, not yet.

Good for you, I am adventurous but will likely stick to meat, noodles and the semi regular stuff.

With that said I did eat a plate of grasshoppers with nachos in Mexico one time.... was drunk so didn't seem all that sketchy.

Yes when you're drunk is a good time for those new life experiences!  I got a lesson from a couple of cute girls outside Soi 7 biergarten in how to eat insects.  With the big cockroach-ish kind of things, waterbugs I guess, they showed me how to break the head off and sort of suck the meat out from inside.  Yuck.  Once was enough for me.  

Also I love how those carts always have "ant mix". So no one wants to just eat one type of ant at a time, you gotta mix up the different kinds?