Arsenal Thread for BKK Addicts

Jaco2

We let City off and got punished in a game we should have won. Adebayor showed why we sold him with his display of crowd taunting. If he played like that every week, Arsenal would never have sold him. Fair play to City, once they started hustling us we couldn't live with them, despite having a shot cleared off the line and RVP hitting the post. Not our day. Well done City ..............

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes was a pretty good game, but yes one we should have won.

Not impressed with Adebayor...his actions against RVP and the crowd taunting too was way over the top.

Glad to have got rid of him, the man is trouble. Good striker when he can be bothered, but bad attitude all round.

City did well, not taking anything from them. Thing with Arsenal is when most top 4 clubs play well they win, Arsenal

play well and your never sure what will happen. We lose Arshavin and again we seem to lack that last bit of quality

that wins games..Think we should have bought a couple more players to make the difference, but time will tell.

Wigan next! after the poor match in the Champions league, hope to see a big improvement

for this home match. A Few injuries too dont help, but thats down to a squad thats thin in quality

once we lose a couple of players. Not sure on this match, feel it could be close.

Wigan next! after the poor match in the Champions league, hope to see a big improvement

for this home match. A Few injuries too dont help, but thats down to a squad thats thin in quality

once we lose a couple of players. Not sure on this match, feel it could be close.

4-0 thumping! Yeah......it was close!!

LOL!!

LOL! yep well I am glad I was wrong on that one! ;)

Hopefully we will put a good run together now over next few matches.

Like tonight's 2-0 win over West Brom. We should have scored more. The kids did well for us. Sanchez Watt and Carlos Vela got the goals.

• 2 weeks later...

ARSENAL 6 - BLACKBURN 2

Arsenal's 6-goal whipping of Blackburn

Cesc Fábregas confirmed himself as the King of the Emirates on Saturday with a stellar display - but all of the team did well. Considering this all took place in front of Thierry Henry, who made a pre-match appearance to celebrate Wenger's 13 years as our boss it was majestic. But it is Blackburn and they did put 2 past us and we were lucky not to have a pen against us and Vermaelen sent off. Even as a Gooner I had some sympathy with Big Sam's moans about that after the match.

At least we're picking up points against the more junior Prem sides. The acid test is when we play any of the others in the big-four, Spurs & Villa and get the return visits of Man Citeh and Manure. We're still short of 2-3 class experienced heads, especially that central midfield enforcer a la Vieira. Wenger could do worse than put the free-scoring Vermaelen in midfield and buy Hangerland from Fulham in the January transfer window for the back-4. Thomas's quality passing and eye for goal could be better served in the Arsenal engine-room.

What do other Arsenal fans think of this idea ?????

J2

Yep I could go along with that idea, providing Wenger did buy another quality centre back...as you say Hangerland would be ideal.

Song will be going to the African Nations cup so we will be short come January for a few weeks possibly, so it needs looking at.

Agree we are a couple of quality players short still...that would make so much difference, and could be the difference between nearly winning and winning silverwear again.

The game was very good, and shows we are getting near. Vermaelon is a great signing. Former Ajax captain, and you can see her has that leadership quality about him, and total confidence.

Yep I could go along with that idea, providing Wenger did buy another quality centre back...as you say Hangerland would be ideal.

Song will be going to the African Nations cup so we will be short come January for a few weeks possibly, so it needs looking at.

Agree we are a couple of quality players short still...that would make so much difference, and could be the difference between nearly winning and winning silverwear again.

The game was very good, and shows we are getting near. Vermaelon is a great signing. Former Ajax captain, and you can see her has that leadership quality about him, and total confidence.

Good points, especially about Song & the African nations cup. We have no direct replacement for him. Diaby thinks he's a forward and Denilson isn't hard enough - at least Song gets stuck in. Vermaelen is a leader and I can see him captaining Arsenal at some stage in the future. I liked the way he went forward looking for the equaliser after we conceded the 1st goal v Blackburn. A top class player.

I was also interested to see Ade's remarks in the media today about being 'driven out' by Arsenal and finally saying sorry for what he did to RVP. Both statements are complete bollox. Arsenal has just announced a £45m profit - it makes you think just what exorbitant amounts in wages he must have been demanding and its well known that he and RVP couldn't stand each other so he had a motive.

Personally, I'm glad it was RVP that signed the new deal with Arsenal & that Ade was sold rather than the other way around. Personally, getting £25m for him was good business. He's worth no more than £12m - £15m tops. Ade is a 24-carat cunt and always will be seen that way by Gooners after his exploits at Eastlands.

Yep agree, I can see Vermaelen as a future club captain. He has everything thats needed. He seems to have a bit

of that old Arsenal fighting spirit that has been lacking from many in the club recently.

Ade...well I am happy he has gone. Good player on his day yes, but all too often gets lazy and not focussed.

It was money made and Man City can have him and all that comes with him. He caused problems at his previous club, has done

the same with Togo too, then same again at Arsenal...just a matter of time before he causes problems at City!

Very frustrating player who has never even managed to work out the offide rule too! Scores some important goals...but so do many other players!

This rubbish he is talking on Arsenal pushing him out...he forgets we watched as he tried to get moves to Italy and Spain previous season

which he would have taken, so no good him making out he never wanted to leave. Wenger weighed up everything and obviously decided to let him leave

this year...good for Ade as he did not want to be at the club and good for us getting rid of trouble! But he should be Man enough to admit he wanted to go and shut that big mouth and leave with dignity!

• 4 weeks later...

Well we have had a pretty good run recently with some good results. Lost concentration a couple of times

but overall pretty good.

Next up is the big North London Derby with the spuds! Never an easy game tp predict and I am not gonna try on this

one. Depends which Arsenal turn up for the game! we could destroy them if ALL the team are up for it, or we could go to sleep

and regret it!

But I am hoping for a win although it may be a narrow one! :)