Arsenal Thread for BKK Addicts

Jaco2

Well we have had a pretty good run recently with some good results. Lost concentration a couple of times

but overall pretty good.

Next up is the big North London Derby with the spuds! Never an easy game tp predict and I am not gonna try on this

one. Depends which Arsenal turn up for the game! we could destroy them if ALL the team are up for it, or we could go to sleep

and regret it!

But I am hoping for a win although it may be a narrow one! :)

I have to agree with you mate. I'm hoping for a good game and for a 2-1 or 3-1 win for the Arsenal. At the end of the day , it's still only 3 points to play for.

Robbie Keane said this week their squad is better than ours - but on what basis? A run of a few games this season. We sent our kids out this week (11 changes from last Saturday) and still beat a good Liverpool side 2-1 by a measure of comfort. Where Spurs have to do better is against the so-called 'smaller' teams (eg: Stoke - ha, ha!!) - they're still too inconsistent to be a top-4 side. Their two best defenders (King & Woodgate) spend most of the season in the treatment room. Redknapp will have to sort that out if he's serious about bringing Champ Lge footy to Spurs.

If Spurs are in the top four by Feb / March next year, or even by some miracle finish above Arsenal this term, then I'll take them more seriously. The difference between Arsenal and Spurs is that the North London Derbies are their cup finals and they still see themselves as our rivals. They haven't been rivals to us since since the 1980's. To us, this fixture is just another game and points to put on the board. Our rivals are the other three of the big four teams. Today's result, whichever way it goes, ain't gonna change that! Any team in the Prem can beat any other on their day and fact that all of the 4 teams have already lost 2 games at this stage in the season (and results like the Spurs v Stoke game) is proof of that.

I will take a radio with me to check on the result as I'm going to see my cousin in hospital later (she's also a Gooner!!) ........ we can discuss tomorrow if you're around.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well a good result today! very happy with the 3-0 win.

It has made a big dent in the spuds claim to have overtaken us.

I laughed when I read what keane had been saying...all he does is stoke up the pressure

on them, so I am happy for him to carry on.

At the end of the season the league will prove who is the better of the 2 teams and consequently who has the better squad.

If we can keep momentum going now we should be ok with at least finishing in the top 4 again :)

Well a good result today! very happy with the 3-0 win.

It has made a big dent in the spuds claim to have overtaken us.

I laughed when I read what keane had been saying...all he does is stoke up the pressure

on them, so I am happy for him to carry on.

At the end of the season the league will prove who is the better of the 2 teams and consequently who has the better squad.

If we can keep momentum going now we should be ok with at least finishing in the top 4 again :)

Great result & three points in the bag which keeps us up there with ChelScum and ManUre. It's a bit premature to talk about where we will finish yet but the points will do our prospects the world of good. We've also got the likes of Walcott, Nasri and Rosicky to come back into the team so things are looking good for us. RVP is on fire at the moment and Song is growing into his holding role. I'd also like to see Fran Merida involved more in the 1st team in the league. Give the boy a chance Arsene!!

I'd still like to see those 2-3 old heads come into the squad in January. I also note that Hangerland (Fulham) still hasn't signed a new contract. Are you listening Mr. Wenger !!!

Great result & three points in the bag which keeps us up there with ChelScum and ManUre. It's a bit premature to talk about where we will finish yet but the points will do our prospects the world of good. We've also got the likes of Walcott, Nasri and Rosicky to come back into the team so things are looking good for us. RVP is on fire at the moment and Song is growing into his holding role. I'd also like to see Fran Merida involved more in the 1st team in the league. Give the boy a chance Arsene!!

I'd still like to see those 2-3 old heads come into the squad in January. I also note that Hangerland (Fulham) still hasn't signed a new contract. Are you listening Mr. Wenger !!!

Yep agree too early to talk about where we finish, its very early days yet. Good signs so far though.

Would love to see us buy Hangerland. He would add that bit more to the defence, which has already improved. I think that signing could make that bit of difference that we need and add a bit of competition, which is always good. Would like to see just a couple of older players come in to help the young ones along when things get tougher during the winter. Maybe even Vieira is still a possible come January, and that would help when Song goes off to African Nations Cup....or we will be a bit short of a decent holding midfielder. I cannot see Diarby fitting in there, I am not convinced on him yet! But things are looking good so far, lets hope we can keep it going :)

Another good night in the Champions league! 4-1 win and good display apart from their 1 goal, where we were caught out a little.

One point needed to guarantee moving into the next stage :)

Another good night in the Champions league! 4-1 win and good display apart from their 1 goal, where we were caught out a little.

One point needed to guarantee moving into the next stage :)

Just saw this. Been out of commission for a few days with exam and to top it, I've got a cold coming on!! Sheeeaaat!!!

Have to agree about our last match!! Looking good but let's put it into perspective - it's AZ Alkmaar we're talking about. If we win v Standard Liege we're through to the last 16 and that's what counts!!!

Let's hope we don't slip up against Wolves.......................

Well another good day! No slip up thankfully, although I was a little worried we would.

4-1 win...shame we let a goal in again with what seems another lack of concentration.

A clean sheet helps build confidence so it would have been useful even though there was no way back

for wolves. A break now with Internationals and hopefully we will come back focussed and ready to push on :)

Well another good day! No slip up thankfully, although I was a little worried we would.

4-1 win...shame we let a goal in again with what seems another lack of concentration.

A clean sheet helps build confidence so it would have been useful even though there was no way back

for wolves. A break now with Internationals and hopefully we will come back focussed and ready to push on :)

Yes indeed. Caught this one on Sky so saw the whole match. After the usual first 20 minute's onslaught from Wolves, we settled into our usual pattern of play and really should have had 5 or 6. We were that good yesterday. Eduardo's chip and goal No3 with that neat pass from RVP to Cesc were both pure class!! Plus we've still got the game in hand over Chelscum and ManUre after they play today. I'm hoping for a 0-0 draw or a 1-0 to ManUre. It's still way too early for title talk but I still think Chelscum will be Champs this term.

BTW did you catch the papers today? An article in the NOTW links us with Wolfsburg's Bosnian midfielder Misimovic. Wenger's offered £6m but they want £12m. Don't know anything about him. The 2 players I'd like to see added to the squad in January are Hangerland (Fulham) and Melo (Fiorentina). I'd also like to see Merida play more in the first team this year.

Have heard a bit about Misimovic. Seems a pretty good player and he scores goals too.

We could run into problems though signing him, I dont see Wenger paying the 12m wanted

but who knows! He would add to the squad thats for sure. I agree though, would rather see Hangerland

and Melo join and put some steel into the team.

Yes would like a draw today, it would be the best result for us! we live in hope! :)

Yes indeed. Caught this one on Sky so saw the whole match. After the usual first 20 minute's onslaught from Wolves, we settled into our usual pattern of play and really should have had 5 or 6. We were that good yesterday. Eduardo's chip and goal No3 with that neat pass from RVP to Cesc were both pure class!! Plus we've still got the game in hand over Chelscum and ManUre after they play today. I'm hoping for a 0-0 draw or a 1-0 to ManUre. It's still way too early for title talk but I still think Chelscum will be Champs this term.

BTW did you catch the papers today? An article in the NOTW links us with Wolfsburg's Bosnian midfielder Misimovic. Wenger's offered £6m but they want £12m. Don't know anything about him. The 2 players I'd like to see added to the squad in January are Hangerland (Fulham) and Melo (Fiorentina). I'd also like to see Merida play more in the first team this year.

I wouldnt mind seeing Ribery either mate but then again I love flying piggies too.

Is the Huntelaar saga ongoing? Anyone snapped him up?

I wouldnt mind seeing Ribery either mate but then again I love flying piggies too.

Is the Huntelaar saga ongoing? Anyone snapped him up?

Steady on me old mucker!! Flying pigs? I thinketh not old son!!

Is it too much to ask for Merida to get a game or two? Or for Arsenal to get a decent centre-half (Hangerland) in case the Verminator and Billy G get injured or suspended? I simply don't want to Senderos in an Arsenal shirt again and Silvestre is clearly way past his ManUre pack - and even then he was injury-prone. Don't forget we were strongely (and officially) linked with Melo before he signed the extension to his current deal with Fiorentina. The right fee - I'd say £25m - could get his contract torn up and Melo in our red and white doing a Vieira act for us. So it's not fantasy football I'm talking!! Re: Huntelaar he was sold to AC Milan by Real Madrid in the summer and even though he's reportedly "unsettled" at the moment, it'll take silly money (or a deal involving a player we shouldn't be selling - eg: Cesc, RVP or Rosicky (he's in the final year of his Arsenal contract) - to make such a deal happen.

Ribery is the only player you're right about (which is why I never mentioned him) - Bayern want £80m for him. Can you ever see Arsenal paying £80m for one player with our stadium to pay for and Wenger's 'play the kids' policy? It took long us long enough to get the £18m together to buy Arshavin !!

What do you make of the Kroenke takeover saga?? I think it's good if he buys the club as he never interferes in team affairs in any sports clubs he owns (albeit in the USA) and has enough dough (approx. £3bn) to dip into the transfer market while the clubs revenue pays for the stadium and not get us more in debt. Usmanov is an asset stripper who would quickly have us in the same situation as the Dippers and ManUre. He'd have to borrow money to finance any takeovers for which he'd use the clubs assets (stadium, real estate and players) as collateral as his cash is tied up. That said, I don't mind him being a minority shareholder. Having two real billionaires (unlike the two US wankstains at Liverpool) on our board is better than one or none.

I do have some concerns about Kroenke.

It seems he still owes Fiszman most of the money for the shares he bought off him a while back and

for me thats a worry. If this is true and he has not paid for them, then why not? is it he does not

have whats claimed? If so how will he buy out the rest without borrowing? Now I would not put it past some members of our board

to give credit to Kroenke in order to keep the Russian guy out of the way, but this does not do the club any good.

We have debts right now that are managable and were self sufficient. But its a fine line and if Kroenke or anyone comes to the point

of borrowing then that managable debt becomes something very different.

I have heard rumour Kroenke is talking of selling some of his american sports businesses to raise the cash to buy Arsenal out...again

this points to the possibility that he does not have the cash available and is maybe not the rich guy everyonethinks he is? who knows!

Now this could of course all be just media talk...but only time will tell! One way or another I feel its just a matter of time before

someone takes us over, lets just hope it all works out ok and we can carry on doing things the Arsenal Way!