Shopping

MBK is one of the biggest shopping centers in Bangkok and this is where you can find some real bargins and haggle on the price. Siam Parragon and Emporium are high end mall and not alot different to the large malls you find in our own countries. MBK is situated just across from Siam square (can walk from here or just get the BTS to National Stadium.

I dont know if Central World has re-opened since the riots, but again another high end type mall.

If you are looking for night markets, Patpong night markets are the best for counterfeit / knock off clothes ect.

Allow my to add the cautionary tale - consider everythink you buy to be counterfeit/fake.

On your original question, bundy named the big places. If you wan't a night market, I would prefer the road stalls between BTS Nana and Asok - they are cheaper.

If you looking for mobile covers and watches, go to china town.

Emporium and Paragon are definitely the upmarket malls in BKK. Anything else and just be aware that it may not be real.

But these days you can tell legit stores to the ones that are not. But hey if you are looking for fake stuff then you can easily fin that too.

BKK has everything you need.

Just try to avoid the hoards of screaming kids outside the malls in the afternoon. While I was in BKK it was like everyday a new pop sensation or show was going on that drew every teen girl in thailand to the malls.

Another good place to go to is Platinum Mall. This place is frequented more by Thais and is just around the corner from where central world is/was (not sure what has happened with central world since it was burnt down in the riots)

You can buy anything here from baggage, electrical, wedding gowns, ect.

I have been coming to thailand for years and only found out about this place from a bg that was hanging with me at the time.

MBK..........department store is great expect to pay around 70 to 80% for designer brands compared to Aussie stores, stalls on upper floors as far as clothing FAKES, DVD and to a lesser extent now cds COPYS, plenty of second hand mobiles and mish mash of everything you can think off, once picked up a counterfit bottle of Hugo Boss Soul there i think for around 300, 150m it was very good i was suprised, if your looking for copy tshirts/clothing then Patunam (spelling is incorect) just down from centre world over the river, cheapest by far from anywhere in BKK, up the road near there is the IT everything, forget the name but just a short stroll down the road, i was there at xmas and bought my partner an ipad not really cheap but after getting the vat refund at the airport it came out to close 100AU$ cheaper, i thought the laptops i was looking at not realy a good buy compared to here.

If your looking designer...Centre World, Siam Paragon, Emporium there are a few more, all close togther and easy sky train ride away, expect to pay 70 to 80% AU prices, dont belive anyone who tells you you get the real deal from the markets etc...i had an english woman swear black and blue what she bought the night before at the night market (popular sports brands)were the real deal.......i could not convince her that what was a $AU5 nike tshirt was a fake.

Normaly i wont buy fakes just the odd item, this year a Ralfh Lauran shirt at MBK for 180 and a Hotspur jersey at Patunahm for 500, was the best copy id seen to that point, if there are sales going on then you can expect some very good prices at the Major department stores like what i got at xmas.

• 6 months later...

just get in a taxi and ask for pantip plaza in New Phetchaburi Road it's basically one main road over from MBK and sukhamvit/siam sq. its the computer place but surrounded by clothing places. much better than MBK. You can do MBK/siam/discovery etc etc all the way to central world pop around the corner to Phetchaburi rd.

There are a few night markets around that are much cheaper than pat pong

• 3 years later...

if you tell a girl you'll take her shopping and then take her to MBK, will she be disappointed? I'm specifically looking to buy them sexy outfits like the following:

asian-plaid-mini-skirt-09-505x336.jpg

Brand or no brand doesn't make a difference to me.

• 1 year later...

There are so many places to go shopping in Bangkok. There is still Central World which is one of the biggest malls in Bangkok. Aside from that, you can also go to MBK which is one of the oldest shopping mall and very popular both to locals and foreigners. You can find so many Thai brands in MBK so don't expect to see huge selections of international brands there.