Best Pizzas

What is your favorite place ?

For me at the moment Gianmaria Zanottis Pizzeria Limoncello - Sukhumvit Soi 11.

Good oven fried thin-crust pizzas in a good location.

I don't really have a favorite - none that really stand out for me.

For Italian style Limoncello (Suk Soi 11), or Basilico (Suk Soi 33) are good.

I have yet to come across a really good American type pizza, and I've tried the lot of them:

The Big Pizza

Bangkok Pizza Co (I think has closed)

Allo Pizza (more Italian style)

New York Style Pizza

Scoozi (Italian)

Canadian Pizza

Pizza Mania

Spicchio

Ronny's

Pizza Aroy

to name a few....

They all fall short either in the sauce, crust, and/or the pepperoni.

Another one you might give a try is the Madrid Bar in Patpong 1. It's up towards the Silom side, and on the left hand side of Patpong I as you are walking from Silom to Suriwong. Very good pizza, and large other menu. Pizza has real sausage, not that "hot dog crap" that the various places refer to as sausage.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a good pizza at the Italian in soi8, it's next to the soi8 bar but I can't remember the name at the moment, sorry. Cooked in a brick oven and cost around 260baht.

I had a good pizza at the Italian in soi8, it's next to the soi8 bar but I can't remember the name at the moment, sorry. Cooked in a brick oven and cost around 260baht.

Probably Via Vai - not a bad italian type pie.

I must say I was disapointed the first time I ordered from them. I had a flier that showed pizza without the really thin crust typical of an Italian style pizza. This is not to say the pizza was bad - just not what I had expected based upon the flier.

Another one you might give a try is the Madrid Bar in Patpong 1. It's up towards the Silom side, and on the left hand side of Patpong I as you are walking from Silom to Suriwong. Very good pizza, and large other menu. Pizza has real sausage, not that "hot dog crap" that the various places refer to as sausage.

I second that one, Madrid has really decent pizza. Plus the whole place is a trip back in time, it's been open continuously under the same owner for about 40 years, and looks it (in a good way). A nice, laid-back way to begin an evening in Patpong.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We had a white & black truffle pizza at Giustos on 23 during a truffle-fest they had. Maybe the best pizza of my life. Place ain't cheap, but if there's better Italian in BKK, I haven't had it. Prices on a par with the top Italian here in SF. Bring a friend. The BG won't get it. http://www.giustobangkok.com/

Agree , Giusto is on the top maybe together with Zanotti in Saladeng.

www.zanotti-ristorante.com/about_us.html