Best Pizzas

I'll be in Bangkok in 6 days on my newbie trip there..I've been to the Philippines many many times and thought I did do something different..

only staying for 8 days and plan on trying several pizzerias there....

been making many varieties of pizza for 30 years and also use to live in NYC and Italy so I'm a good critic and will write a few reviews..

post-14032-0-11327600-1376194622_thumb.jpg

post-14032-0-11418600-1376194684_thumb.jpg

post-14032-0-28956900-1376194733_thumb.jpg

post-14032-0-84304700-1376194779_thumb.jpg

post-14032-0-09823200-1376194858_thumb.jpg

post-14032-0-83096400-1376194890_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

My favorite to date is Bella Napoli on Soi 31... about 150-200 meters into the Soi from Sukhumvit on the left side.  They have a nice variety of pizzas and pastas as well as homemade desserts all at a reasonable price.  This is my go-to place for good pizza in Bangkok.  This Soi is loaded with good restaurants so give it a try after visiting Soi 33 or other MPs near the Emporium.

I used to be a fan of Big Mama Pizzeria on Asoke Soi 1 (between Soi's 19 and 21 just off Sukhumvit).  Again, good selection of pizzas and pastas but I found the service to be lacking lately and the bottom of my pizza a bit over baked for my liking.  The service staff got a little huffy when I mentioned that to them.  With that said, this is a good place to fill-up before crossing over Asoke to Soi Cowboy. It's only a 5 minute walk from the restaurant to the bars.

Limoncello on Soi 11 across from the Grand President is pretty good, but not the best I've tried in BKK.  I found some of their offerings a bit on the pricey side but if I'm in the Nana area and want pizza this is where I go. 

I'm avoiding Scoozi from now on.  I was disappointed at the Secon Square location and at Esplanade on Ratchadapisek.  The pizzas and pastas were bland, but their house lemonade may be the best that I've tried....anywhere!

What I haven't found and would like a recommendation for is a quality deep dish pizza.  Any thoughts?

• 9 months later...

I am a pizzaiolo by professin, worked in Stockholm's most popular joint

I guess that makes me a fussy barsteward and I dont never found a really good joint in BKK but passable.

The dough should be made 1 and 2 days b4 and left in the fridge, then mixed in proportion with fresh dough made on the day for the best result. I never noticed them do this in BKK and the humidity in the air also affects resulting taste. I usualy feel bloated after eating which shouldnt happen.

Also I dont like that they give u bread or pretzel then add 17% to ur check bean what is that shit they all do it

But crap pizza still better than no pizza n if u enjoy it is all that matter

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

there's a pretty decent pizza joint near my place on ramkhamhaeng 43/1 called pizza bkk.  it's not super thick like I generally like it, or super thin like my girlfriend does, but it's pretty damned good and a nice mid-point between our mutual preferences.

What is your favorite place ?

For me at the moment Gianmaria Zanottis Pizzeria Limoncello - Sukhumvit Soi 11.

Good oven fried thin-crust pizzas in a good location.

I'm a jaded New Yorker so for me nothing will compare so I never bothered to try it in Thailand.

Going to Thailand to eat pizza is like going to NYC and getting dominos. WTF?

When I'm in Thailand I like to eat the most authentic thai food I can find.

I have also had Indian food and once I has Mexican in that all street where cheap Charlie's is, and I was sorry I did.

• Upvote 1

First, a comment about an earlier post about the cost of Domino's in LOS being similar to US, no way.  I live in the town where Domino's started (unfortunately)--a large pizza with 3 items is $7.99, or about 240 baht.  Large in USA is larger than what they serve in LOS at the chain delivery places like Pizza House or Pizza Hut.  The pizza cost here is much higher than that for the same amount.  As for quality, Domino's is at best, mediocre, but still better than the 2 other delivery chains.  You can do much better with eat-in or limited delivery, non-chain pizza places and restaurants in BKK (or Pattaya or Chiang Mai), but out in the provinces, there is not much else..

Another suggestion for good pizza is at the Cajun restaurant, Bourbon Street, on Ekkamai, about 200 meters/yards in from the intersection of Ekkamai and Sukhimvit.  Has good sausage and medium crust.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Peppina in Soi 33 is probably the best napolitan pizza in bkk

but also pala pizza romana in Asoke Junction and Pizzeria Limoncello in soi 11 are ok.

Tryed also pizza from Via Vai in soi 8...average pizza

Edited by tiago1971