Jetlag

maverick

• 4 months later...

Jetlag is a common phenomenon when you are doing long distance flights. To prevent this you should adequate rest before nay long distance flights. Also prepare in advance for these trips and never leave anything for the final day. Try to get everything ready well before going for such flights.

• 1 year later...

Coming in always late. I get second wind for at least ST. By that time I have been up 30 hours plus with layovers. Happy Happy! Get up at noon, From there on it's just will power for the next few days to never go to sleep until at least midnight. Then it clicks for me and all set. Going back home it take over a week for me. I think part of it is just depression of leaving.

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

For me it can take weeks now ( I travel from England to BKK). When I was in my twenties it was OK the next day after flight. I noticed if I arrive and work the same/next day - it will be better than if I have 2-3 days off after flight, I mean I am getting used to new time zone better if I go straight to work upon arrival.

I fly out from Chicago and have also found getting a flight that leaves at night and arrives in BKK in the day makes it easier for me to adjust.

That's what I'm going to do, but there being 11 hours difference still makes a normal sleeping pattern totally flip flopped.  I'm hoping I can sleep like a baby on the Red Eye I'm going to take.