Tailors

Any good tailors in Bangkok? I know there are many shady ones but I've used Armani's on Sukumvit Soi 8 a few times. If anyone has been there would they vouch for the quality and prices? Fashion is not my forte so I can't really be a good judge myself.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any good tailors in Bangkok? I know there are many shady ones but I've used Armani's on Sukumvit Soi 8 a few times. If anyone has been there would they vouch for the quality and prices? Fashion is not my forte so I can't really be a good judge myself.

You say that you have used "Armani's on Sukumvit Soi 8 a few times" if your happy with what you get and the price then why do you need to ask, your happy alls good.

Personally I have bought any suits in LOS yet - did not find the time - but inquired with a few fellow BMs. Usually everybody was happy with the quality of work, the only thing everybody remarked was that one should not bux in Bkk but in small towns outside e.g Huan Hin or Pattaya as there is a big price gap.

I will try this one next time, he was recommend to my by an english guy that bought there for years: http://www.giorgiofashion.com/

The context I'm getting here is that it is better to get tailoring services in Pattaya instead of Bangkok.

While I may be happy with the service I have nothing to compare it to. If I was more fashionista then I would be quite adept at material, designs, cuts, and prices to make a better valuation. Since I am not that is why I am still asking even though I received what I considered good products in the past. My doubts come from reading other horror stories of tailor shops or how people found out later they overpaid or didn't get what they thought they were.

If Rajas is the one by Nana then I remember going there one time. It was very crowded and the prices seemed very high. The high prices had me pausing a bit out of uncertainty.

yeah Pattaya is better for something good and cheap, but i have found that although prices are higher in bangers the quality seems to be much better. One of the reasons why i liked thai square fashion was they were prepared to firstly pick you up from your hotel for the first consultation and fitting and then will come to your hotel room to do the 2nd and if needed 3rd fittings. However as you say the prices are a bit higher for these tailors.

• 4 weeks later...

If you are looking for cheap and quick, there are plenty of those in BKK.

However, if your suits falls to bits few weeks later do not blame me.

A friend of mine who is sharp dresser highly rates Raja's Fashion in Soi 4 (near the entrance to NP) and opposite the Nana car park.

I took his advice and went to have some made to measure shirts, which set me back 1,100thb each.

They were made of Egyptian cotton and I could choose style of collar etc.

I was very happy with the feel and how long they lasted and since then I have gone back for some trousers and more shirts.

The seervice was first class.

Dieter :huh:

• 1 month later...

Subbing to this thread! I'm back in LOS hopefully by May and keen to get some suits made if I can get great quality but at a lower price than at home. I've heard good things in the past about Raja's but it seems now that every second shop is named Raja's or some variation of!. Hopefully some good suggestion will pop up here. Will definitely check out thai square fashion and armani's.

you all know that if they don't make clothes on the premises all the Indian shops use the same two factories!

That is not entirely true, as some of the tailors do actually use their own staff to do the garments.

I have seen this first hand, but i agree that 90% of them all use the same sweatshops as 100% do in the sweat shops Pattaya.