Flood rates

With the flooding going on, and Bangkok evacuating somewhat, are the hotel rates dropping in the city?

Im there next week for 10 days have 2 different hotel booked in Bk and one in Krabbi but havent noticed much of a price drop, Im back agian in mid December so with a bit of luck due to the floods flights might drop in price then ?

Here's hoping :)

I am at the SGS now. The bars and restaurants are working reduced hours. the place is very empty. I spoke to someone the ot her day who claimed he walked and negotiated a rate of BHT2000 per night. Could be total BS but seeing how empty they are could be true. For all customers they are offering their delux benefits package (free breakfast, internet, evening cocktails etc) for free.

I am at the SGS now. The bars and restaurants are working reduced hours. the place is very empty. I spoke to someone the ot her day who claimed he walked and negotiated a rate of BHT2000 per night. Could be total BS but seeing how empty they are could be true. For all customers they are offering their delux benefits package (free breakfast, internet, evening cocktails etc) for free.

Oh, good to know. The fucker was exaggerating again. I'm at the 4Points in a couple weeks (if I don't fly into PNH or SGN instead). Would obviously rather be at the SGS for less $$. Thai desk clerks don't usually negotiate well. They're deathly afraid of making a mistake and losing face. Once you get to the manager you can talk turkey. wj

Edited by wackyjacky