Hua Hin

jamesb

Hua Hin

Nice place to visit for a few days, walking the beach is a nice past time, with plenty of places to get a lounge chair and relax with a brew, or have a bite to eat. Nicer beachs at the south end of the City, with less rocks or none at all. Plenty of hotels and guest houses to stay at.

Bar scenes near the Hilton and to the north of there, as well as Soi 88. Cheap bus system to go to Cha Am for a day trip, or south to Pran Buri and other smaller places.

Just go and enjoy yourselves.

Stargrazer

Hua Hin

Nice place to visit for a few days, walking the beach is a nice past time, with plenty of places to get a lounge chair and relax with a brew, or have a bite to eat. Nicer beachs at the south end of the City, with less rocks or none at all. Plenty of Hotels and guest houses to stay at.

Bar scenes near the Hilton and to the north of there, as well as Soi 88. Cheap bus system to go to Cha Am for a day trip, or south to Pran Buri and other smaller places.

Just go and enjoy yourselves.

Stargrazer

I agree with this. Was there last year. Very low key - If you can swing it I recommend the Centara Grand, but there are hotels that look decent (and a lot cheaper) across the street...If you can get yourself into this general area, though, that's where you want to be. Eminently walkable.

Now, even the flight is cheaper than the taxi to Hua Hin.

Nok Air From Don Muang though.

http://www.nokair.com/contents/promotion/new_route_HHQ_0913/en-US/index.html

Interesting but this would make more sense as a connection for arriving customers, especially at Swampy. The cost and convenience of a wen from Victory monument is difficult to beat; including the time when considering the extra distance to DMK, waiting for security, waiting for check-in, more waiting, getting to your hotel. Last time I returned from Hua HIn, my gf and I took a private taxi and I think it cost 2,000 baht. Quicker, less expensive and more convenient than a plane.

Interesting but this would make more sense as a connection for arriving customers, especially at Swampy. The cost and convenience of a wen from Victory monument is difficult to beat; including the time when considering the extra distance to DMK, waiting for security, waiting for check-in, more waiting, getting to your hotel. Last time I returned from Hua HIn, my gf and I took a private taxi and I think it cost 2,000 baht. Quicker, less expensive and more convenient than a plane.

Agreed.

As a connecting flight,it's inconvenient.

From Swampy the taxi makes sense,especially if there are 2 or more people.

If you're solo,the cheapest and best way is the bus:

http://www.airporthuahinbus.com

• 1 year later...

What is the quality of girls like in Hua Hin compared to Bangkok or Pattaya?

Very disappointing,but cheaper.I like Hua Hin as it's more relaxed than BKK or Patts.

But if you're prepared to do some legwork ,you might the odd "diamond in the rough".

Start at Soi Bintbaht,after the bars shut head down to the disco at the Hilton where all the girls go after the bars shut.