Bed bugs?

horiguchi

Anybody experience bed bugs in BKK? i ask because my friend warned me that bed bugs would thrive in BKK's weather and with the high turnover of tourists.

Yes. They are real. something from the flea family. many years ago, i stayed at a us motel and got eaten alive by bed bugs. my legs were covered by all these small bites and they were so itchy.

just saw another us tv show warning about them in us. if they are in the US, they could be anywhere.

Anybody experience bed bugs in BKK? i ask because my friend warned me that bed bugs would thrive in BKK's weather and with the high turnover of tourists.

Yes. They are real. something from the flea family. many years ago, i stayed at a us motel and got eaten alive by bed bugs. my legs were covered by all these small bites and they were so itchy.

just saw another us tv show warning about them in us. if they are in the US, they could be anywhere.

Never had them in BKK (just lucky), but did have them in one hotel in Chiang Mai. Had them in a Motel 6 in the States once as well, down in FLA.

• 1 month later...

I got scabies once from a hotel bed in Cambodia. Nasty stuff (I had had it in the US about 25 years prior, too)...if you don't cover your self head to toe with the required medicine completely, and wash every bit of clothing and bedding you have, there are always some that survive...they like between your toes and fingers especially. And they form these little clear bubbles (when they pop, that's how it spreads to others, this clear liquid comes out). EEEWWwwwww! Took me months to get rid of the infestation I picked up in Cambo. Never got them in Thailand.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

A good friend stayed in a four star hotel in BKK - just can't remember which one now - and had a bed bug infestation. So it can happen. Myself, I have stayed at the Emporium, On|8, Admiral Suites, Queen's Park and several other hotels and never had a problem. Have not seen it in the news either, so I suspect it is a not so common problem. The sad fact is that they travel well and world travel is common these days. Lately, New York has had many problems, including infestations at the UN building. One bed bug hops into a suit case from NY to BKK and you can have a problem.

• 2 months later...

I don't know if it was a bebug but I have been bitten while in my condo and I found a little "bug" under the bedsheet. Unfortunately I squashed it flat before I had a chance to identify it. I've not been bitten since but my girlfriend says she keeps getting bitten in my bed.

Anyone know of a way finding and killing these things?

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

My legs and forearms are covered with little red itchy dots, I knew a little bug was biting me but I didn't know which type of bug. My last night (Jan 21, 2012) in BKK I saw a little black bug on my forearm, I was about to squash it, it flew onto the floor and crawled under the bed. This bug left an itchy red dot.

My suit case was put in the garage as soon as I got home, the temperature in Southern Canada was 32 degrees F, if there are any bugs in my suit case I hope to kill them or at least shake out all my clothes in the garage before I bring them in my house.

My legs and forearms are covered with little red itchy dots, I knew a little bug was biting me but I didn't know which type of bug. My last night (Jan 21, 2012) in BKK I saw a little black bug on my forearm, I was about to squash it, it flew onto the floor and crawled under the bed. This bug left an itchy red dot.

My suit case was put in the garage as soon as I got home, the temperature in Southern Canada was 32 degrees F, if there are any bugs in my suit case I hope to kill them or at least shake out all my clothes in the garage before I bring them in my house.

I would take them to a laundromat as well before taking them into the house.