Narry Nana Hotel on soi 11/1 review

This hotel is one of my favorites in the nana area. I really like the location. Just a few meters to the nana bts. Right next to soi 11.

The hotel is modern and the on-line price is ok given the area. If you book on-line the price is 1162b for a std room. The breakfast is not included. If you walkin or call in the price is 1900b. I walked in and said i would pay cash if they honored the on-line price that i paid for last time1162 but the said i had to pay 1900 unless i went on line. I don't understand that reasoning especially given that last time i booked 2 days online and extended to a 3rd and they did it for 1200. IF some could explain why it is more attractive to book a room online through a third party instead of cash i would like too know.

The rooms are pretty small but the beds are nice and beside the bed is a frosted glass shower so there is lots of fun to be had if you have a will partner.

They don't charge for a guest but they ask to copy their id card. The restaurant is really over priced but there are lots of better food options in the area. The far side of the hotel is next to a new construction project so it can be pretty noisy at 730am on a week day.

I would stay again and good place at a good price.

• 2 months later...

Additional images for narry Nana hotel.

I found that each room is setup a bit different but all have glass showers. Makes for a nice bedside show!

room shown is basic deluxe. On Agoda the price is 1092bt last i looked ( in march 2013). Walk in price is much higher. and they will not come down in price. but if you book 1 day with Agoda and then extend your stay they will match the price of Agoda. Go figure?? kind of strange policy but then it is thailand.

• Upvote 1

Looks like the old Narry's Inn after refurbishment and a name change ;)

Agoda pricing does not include tax + service charge and doesn't appear to be any lower than booking direct on Narry's web site?

1100 - 1200 baht / night is about the right price - no way is it worth 1900bt or the ridiculous "official" pricing shown on both the Agoda and Narry website's :rolleyes:

Not sure about that glass fronted shower area - might be nice watching a girl taking a shower but I like a bit of privacy when I'm sat on the shitter :P

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Regarding the hotel insisting on board rates, in this case THB1900. It's a common practice by hotel having online agents marketing their rooms.

If they offer cheaper rates than onlines agents and these online agents finds out, do you think these agents will put in effort to market this hotel.

Hi All

I stayed at this hotel in June just gone for 4 nights and did not really rate it. The room itself is small because a lot of the room is the bathroom/shower. When having a shower it just completely soaks the bathroom and the bedroom area is small compared to other places i have stayed at in BKK, ie Dynasty Grand, Aspen Suites The decor in the room is basic and showing signs of wear and tear and the odd few stains on the units, i would like to say thou that the staff was very good and helpful if needed, as they asked me if all was ok every time i passed.

As the OP states that the food seems to be overpriced, in which i agree, especially when around the hotel area is great cheap eateries.

I also got a room next to the construction site and was woken early each morning and also the smell of the drains hit the room every now and again but hey thats Thailand.

My next trip i will be looking at other options to stay, may be looking at Aspen Suites again

Pat

• 5 weeks later...

I stayed here for the last 10 day's just came home.

I think that the rooms are good value for its money,payed 1200bath per night including breakfast

The only problem was that the closet has no ventilation so after a couple of day's my clothes strarted to smell funny.

But i wouldent take the breakfast again because you only get 2 egs and 2 slices of bread and only 1 cop of coffee,

the dont have bacon or ham to go with it.

The menucard has 8 pages of Indian food and 1 with Thai/Farang food and the cook walks around like he works at a streetstall .

Location is good just about anything you would want within a 10 min, walk,bts21, nana freelancers beerbars and clubs.

This was my first time in Bandkok and the thing that suprised me was that at any time of the day or night you can find a hot looking girl

by simple waking around for 10 min.

I would stay here again but i wouldend take the breakfast, there are better options within a 5 min walk.

sjekie

• 2 months later...

I am staying at the Boss Suites at the bottom of Nana.  Really nice place, GF no problem.  While staying here I have walked around and asked rates at various places and really am amazed that the walk in rate is so much higher than the internet service rate.  When you consider they have to pay the on-line service a commission which is 10%, why would they need to charge a walk in so much more.  And they get the cash in hand instead of having to wait for the monthly settlement.  Just typical Thai thought patterns.

The only place that has acted with any smarts so far for me is Boss.  I booked them on line but decided to extend my stay and asked at the front desk.  They quoted me a higher price.  I said but I just checked on line and can get it for the lower price and you will have to pay them the commission on top of it.  The lady smiled and said ok .... and gave me the same on line price.  Yeah .... 1 enlightened Thai.  I was surprised she did not reduce the price as she did not have to pay commission or at least split the difference with me.   But hey, I got the on line price ... so was happy.