Hi, I have a longer question about things to do in Bangkok on the general discussions thread but here is a specific question about live music and especially traditional/contemporary Thai music. Are there places where they have decent live Thai music in Bangkok? Any recommendations are most appreciated.

Hi, I have a longer question about things to do in Bangkok on the general discussions thread but here is a specific question about live music and especially traditional/contemporary Thai music. Are there places where they have decent live Thai music in Bangkok? Any recommendations are most appreciated.

Here is place with live Thai music, dances and shows. Have a look, not sure if it fits the bill for what you want.

http://www.tawandang.co.th/

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293916-d1888866-Reviews-Tawandang_German_Brewery-Bangkok.html

Edited by Kimao

• 2 months later...

The place above is a good time. Definitely recommend it at least once. You get to hear Thai standards of the luk thung/molam variety.

For contemporary rock/indie stuff, you might want to check out Sonic.

Where is Sonic?

I've been to the rock pub twice. Once was pretty good as far as rock cover bands go.

The second time was a speed/death metal night, which i might have enjoyed 15-20 years ago but not today :).

Also i had a barfine with me from the checkinn, who said, and i quote "I feared for my life in there!!". She had never seen a mosh pit or slam dancing before. I tried to convince her they  were harmless but i don't think she believed me.

Sonic is out on Soi 63 (Ekamai).  Also, Titanium Club has all-girl band every night. I think that's on Soi 22.

I went there last month.

I was pissed but remember only 1 girl in the band. And they were an average band at best. 1 drink then check bin.

• 3 weeks later...

At On Nut next to the On NUt BTS station there is a market with restaurants, bars and also Thai live music...I think its 7 days a week

Yeah, I was there tonight, actually. The band is OK but plays mostly slow love songs. Not really my thing. Kind of generic really, except for being sung in Thai.

Apoteka on Soi 11 has some great blues, jazz, and folk oriented stuff.  Mostly blues.

I walked in there during a wander around the soi's one night and Snow Man (used to play at the Blues Factory in Pattaya) was playing. 

Not sure if it was a one off or a regular gig.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

for concerts and stuff check out thai ticketmajor

would have loved to have been home for the beer festival at central world

21 - 24 march i think Pattaya is having a music festival saw them setting up the tents

theres live music in most busy places on a nightly basis

hillary 2 in nana 

bangkok beat soi 11? im not sure about that one its the same street as eden club and dr bjs