Hi I have noticed quite a few spam posts hidden within some of the currently active topic.  I have hit report on all the ones I have come across is this the best way to manage these?  or is there a tool to hide/delete the post until further moderation?

This is getting out of hand! I just reported five separate spam posts by five separate one-post-users.

May I suggest disabling new user registrations until there is a permanent fix for this problem? I wonder whether this is just regular spammer activity that can hit any board or if someone has actually a gripe with BA (and PA for that matter). Maybe that "Advanced Membership" promise has turned a disappointed user in the Members+ group against the board?

Here is the next glitch. When I try to sign out I get this:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#2012]

The link you followed to logout appears to be badly formed. Please go back and click the link again.

------------------------------------------------------------------

WTF is going on?

Hi I have noticed quite a few spam posts hidden within some of the currently active topic.  I have hit report on all the ones I have come across is this the best way to manage these?  or is there a tool to hide/delete the post until further moderation?

Just hit the report button whenever you see some spam.  I was unable to do anything about it yesterday, because I had no internet.

• 2 weeks later...

The continuing flood of spam makes BA almost unusable. As of now ALL Recent Topics are spam, as are ALL Recent Status Updates!

I must have encountered and reported more than 50 spam posts since being a member of BA. I understand that this is probably not an issue in the Advanced section and therefore not being considered urgent, But it makes it VERY annoying for new members (who have the same limited access that spammers have). Not only are we prompted to look into old threads, some of those threads are actually resuscitated by regular users replying to such ancient (but due to spam deemed recent) topics.

It would be nice to learn from the moderators if BA wants to take measures to curb spamming activity or if the current approach of reporting/deleting spam posts is considered sufficient.

PS: If the BA moderators are interested I would be willing to help if I can (just PM me)