Which area to live?

The closer to Asoke the better I think. I have a great condo in Phra Khanong and everyday I wish I was just a few BTS stops closer to Thong lo/Nana etc. taxis are great in the evening but during the day BTS is the only way to travel. Traffic makes daytime taxi rides torture.

If you need a hand I know a great Agent to help you find a place. Perfect English and French (and beautiful too).

One of my friends tell me, On Nut is the new up and coming area to get a trendy apartment.

• 2 months later...

Probably too old to help you but for others, there are no real bars Out in on nut or phrakhanong or out towards bangchak until you get to udom Suk 103. Even then they are thai bars. On nut is up and coming for thai couples or expats with some money but also a lot of expat teachers with no money but they can afford new modern condos for 15000-30000b/month. It’s pretty shitty to be honest, no good restaurants and no nightlife and quite along way to get to Asoke or nana. Ekkamai and thonglor have thai nightclubs and expat pubs.

Langsuan's probably the best compromise if you don't mind burning money. Nice places, good restaurants, easy access to night life without soaking in it, and quite close to Wireless (where the Embassy/Consulate are).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Guys

Thanks for the advice

I will carry on looking a bit further out.

Does anyone know if there are any farang bars in Chatuchak / Samrong or anywhere in the suburbs ideally near BTS or MRT ?

I am looking for areas where I can live and have a few beers. I am not looking for night life and girls. Just friendly locals and a quiet beer or 2. Done the night scene years ago so now just looking for a quieter life

Saphan khwai has alot of options I would guess so does Chatuchak and worth checking. Have a look around seacon square or ramkhahaeng near the stadium. Big foreign university up there which always means bars and girls. Getting in and out sucks so you might want to invest in a motorcycle

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I am in On Nut Sukhumvit 85 for 3 days

I am with my wife and would like to go to a few bars that are nearby

I want to stay fairly local so would appreciate any advice

Thanks

Couple of decent bars in On Nut try 'Cheap Charlies' its on Soi 50, there's another bar just next to it with a pool table and a few restaurants in the same area. There's also a beer garden near the BTS and another food court/beer garden down Soi 81. On Nut is a pretty decent area to live it's got pretty much everything you need, shopping mall with Cinema, good gym, couple of big super markets, food courts, restaurants, couple of bars, massage shops and a BTS station.

• Upvote 1

Couple of decent bars in On Nut try 'Cheap Charlies' its on Soi 50, there's another bar just next to it with a pool table and a few restaurants in the same area. There's also a beer garden near the BTS and another food court/beer garden down Soi 81. On Nut is a pretty decent area to live it's got pretty much everything you need, shopping mall with Cinema, good gym, couple of big super markets, food courts, restaurants, couple of bars, massage shops and a BTS station.

I look for beer garden in Siam or Asok area  in the same style of the one in On Nut BTS downstairs.

Thanks