Which area to live?

• 1 month later...

Probably recommend Khao San road. This district is popular for nightlife with many pubs and bars with many exotic street food. Also the rent is afforadable (not too expensive). Best for experience multiculture in this area and also visit Wat PhuKaoThong (Golden Mount Temple) for engaging in Thai culture.

Many people recommend the condos on soi 22 on the opposite side to Sukhumvit as a good place for foreigners due to its vicinity to all areas popular among foreigners. There are some good parks for jogging also.

[emoji3577][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

You can try looking for a place in Lumphini if you want your workplace to be near. I think it will be less hassle for you. 

I would rent anywhere in the upper Sukhumvit neighborhood from Soi 23 as far east as Soi 63 and as far north as Phetchaburi. I would want a reasonably priced 2 bedroom apartment in a recently constructed building with 24 hour security/concierge, parking, and a nice swimming pool.  Other neighborhoods like Lumphini or on the river front have attractive condos, but being relatively close, but not too close, to the action is a very important consideration to me. The Lumphini neighborhood, for example, is nice during the day, but dead after midnight.

Edited by Natty Bummpo
  • Like 1

On 12/31/2013 at 12:38 PM, marlove said:

I will be moving to Bangkok in the middle of the for work.  I plan on taking my first trip to Bangkok next month but I have been to the Philippines many times. My question is where is the best area to live. Expensive areas are ok.  I'm looking for the best area for nightife, western restaurants, etc. I will be working near the US embassy so I would also like short commute but this is not a deal breaker.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Where did you end up? 

On 3/26/2020 at 9:40 AM, randomuserx said:

I like On Nut, there's some development going on there, not far from the city center via BTS, good number of expats, decent restaurant selection and a nice gym nearby.

+1 on OnNut.  Not as expensive as the very center, yet close enough to the action.  If you are too far from Nana/Soi Cowboy area, some more popular girls are wary riding too far away into the outskirts with you.  You might occasionally get rejected by a hot girl for that reason (unless you are willing to do an ST hotel).

OnNut got a recently built mall with restaurants, lots of street food.  Tesco Lotus right by the BTS.  

3 hours ago, kelp987 said:

+1 on OnNut.  Not as expensive as the very center, yet close enough to the action.  If you are too far from Nana/Soi Cowboy area, some more popular girls are wary riding too far away into the outskirts with you.  You might occasionally get rejected by a hot girl for that reason (unless you are willing to do an ST hotel).

OnNut got a recently built mall with restaurants, lots of street food.  Tesco Lotus right by the BTS.  

And a surprising number of freelancers live down the side sois of On Nut Road and then out along Sukhumvit. Should help with fast delivery from Thaifriendly.

10 hours ago, Revanchist said:

And a surprising number of freelancers live down the side sois of On Nut Road and then out along Sukhumvit. Should help with fast delivery from ThaiFriendly.

Very true.  Not only FLs, this is a popular area where bargirls live.  OnNut is right after the river bridge, so I think it drops the prices somewhat and makes it just affordable for many categories of locals.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...